This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Your services to the overlords is appreciated. Our complete assimilation of this dimension will now... Proceed.||„|
|~ The Shadowman betraying the Shadows of Evil crew.|
The Shadowman is the main antagonist in the 2015 video game Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies in Shadows of Evil and Revelations. He also appears in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 in the cinematic intro for Alpha Omega, and is also mentioned by Primis Nikolai Belinski in Tag der Toten.
He is the first of the two main antagonists of the Call of Duty: Zombies series, sending havoc across the universe, including manipulating Ultimis Richtofen, causing him to go insane.
The Shadowman was once a Keeper, keeping the universe balanced between good and evil, creating the Summoning Key, the Wrath of the Ancients, and the Elemental Staffs. He was also once the best friend of Dr. Monty, who described him once as "sweet and charming." He was one of the Keepers who was corrupted by the Dark Aether, fought his brethren, and was defeated. After the devastating war, he and his other corrupted Keepers were banished and sent to the Dark Aether. After they were in the Dark Aether for a long time, he was slowly turned into a tentacle creature called an Apothicon.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Somehow in the 20th century, he escaped the Dark Aether, and managed to infiltrate the 63rd dimension, where the Summoning Key. In order to free his army, he took a disguise of a human being called Mr. Rapt, who died a few days ago. He went to Morg City, where the Summoning Key is at, and cursed the four criminals, telling them what to do in order to "free their curse." After completing their steps, the Summoning Key was now powered up and he grabbed it and released the Dark Aether to Morg City. The four criminals worked together with the Keepers and defeated the Apothicons, sealing the Aether and the Shadowman in the Summoning Key. After the Apothicons' defeat, the Keeper tries to give the Summoning Key to the four criminals to release their curse, but Primis Richtofen took it from them from the Keeper's hands and telling them that "there's a universe to set right."
In Monty's house, after Primis Richtofen saw his longtime friend Dr. Maxis, Richtofen showed Maxis the Summoning Key after Richtofen's mission was complete. After some time, the Shadowman manipulates Maxis to release so he can "help him," resulting in Maxis being trapped in the Key. He then releases the rest of the Aether to Dr. Monty's homeworld, revealing an army of Apothicons, comprising dimensions and locations to each other. Primis was quickly called back and forced to fight the Shadowman and his army. Using the power of the book called the Kronorium and S.O.P.H.I.A., they finally killed the Shadowman.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
In another cycle, the Shadowman somehow manipulated the Warden of Alcatraz in the 63rd Dimension. He ordered the Warden to trap 4 prisoners in a purgatorial state, those of which were Salvatore "Sal" DeLuca, Billy Handsome, Finn O'Leary, and Al Arlington, in order to trap Primis Edward Richtofen within said purgatory.
He succeeded, trapping the Primis crew within Alcatraz, with the Warden planning to use Richtofen's blood to open a gateway to the Dark Aether, allowing the Shadowman and the Apothicons to escape. However, a Richtofen from a previous cycle prevents this, and helps the Primis crew kill the Warden and prevent the gateway from being opened.
He was then finally killed by Primis Nikolai Belinski when he destroyed the Summoning Key.
- The Shadowman, along with Dr. Monty, were going to be the Demonic Announcer(s) for the map Revelations, evident by audio quotes found in the game files. However, these quotes went unused for unknown reasons.
- The Shadowman is a playable character in the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 game mode Blackout.
- Along with Dr. Monty, The Shadowman does not have any voice lines through Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies.
- However, he does have reused and new voicelines in Blackout.
- The Shadowman revealed that the Ultimus version of Edward Richtofen was his apprentice, and during the original timeline, he was one of the voices Richtofen heard in his head.
- It is not officially confirmed to whether the Shadowman was killed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, as his "death" wasn't depicted, as well as the fact that the Shadowman remained in the Dark Aether during these events, evident by a quote from the Warden.
- However, in Call of Duty: Black Ops III, the Shadowman was trapped in the Summoning Key by the Shadows of Evil crew, in which it was later destroyed by Primis Nikolai Belinski.