|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Ah, my master, my beloved master, the only one whom I cannot rule over...||„|
|~ Shalltear overjoyed to see her master.|
|“||An incarnation of beauty. You are the most beautiful person in the world. Even jewels pale in comparison to your snow-white body.||„|
|~ Shalltear's thoughts on Ainz Ooal Gown.|
|“||What? Having Momonga-sama, the most beautiful of the Supreme Beings, bless us with his energy is a reward! Anyone who doesn't get wet from that must have something wrong in their head! Or could it be that you don't just look pure, but you don't have any fleshly desires at all, you big-mouthed gorilla!||„|
|~ Shalltear insulting Albedo.|
Shalltear Bloodfallen is one of the main protagonists of the light novel series, Overlord. She is a vampire NPC created by Peroroncino that serves as the Floor Guardian of the First to Third floors. Because of their ongoing love for Ainz Ooal Gown, she is considered to be a rival of Albedo. She serves as the main antagonist in The Blood Valkyrie Arc.
She was voiced by Sumire Uesaka in the Japanese version of the anime, and Felecia Angelle in the English dubbed version of the anime.
Shalltear usually has the appearance of a fairly dressed lady, wearing a large dress. She has pale skin and silver hair tied up by a large bowtie. Fitting for her personality, she has seductive red eyes that capture her beauty. While she is seen to have large breasts, she is actually flat chested and stuffs her bra to give her the appearance.
In her true form, she is depicted in as a terrifying monster with a large, gaping mouth full of sharp teeth and a long tongue that hangs out. She gains sharp claws and her clothing is torn up, leaving nothing but a torn shirt on.
When facing her master, she wore a red knight armor equipped with a lance and has a pair of large angel wings.
Shalltear has a lively and flirtatious personality, being very open with sexual orientation. Despite this, she can be very sensitive on certain subjects. Most notably is her breasts which many have pointed out to be fake and are actually flat.
Shalltear is madly in love with her master, Ainz Ooal Gown and one of her reasons is because of her necrophilic fetishes; reflected in her suggestion of giving the title King of Beauty when deciding on Ainz's title as a king. Like the rest of the Floor Guardians, she pledges her absolute loyalty to him. She views him as the most handsome man in the world and fantasies the day of being his wife, carrying his children. Shalltear even noted that begin exposed to his unrestrained aura is sexually stimulating to her.
Because of her love for Ainz, she has come in constant conflict with Albedo, who happens to share the same desires that Shalltear has. The two have exchanged words to each other in the most insulting way and nearly fought at one point. Overall, the two do not get along very well. Though this may have be different is Ainz hadn't altered Albedo's programming in YGGDRASIL to be in love with him as a joke.
Outside of Ainz and her Floor Guardians, Shalltear does not hold high sentimental value of her servants and her opponents. She is willing to kill those with no mercy, regardless of whether she's given orders or not. She also does not take failure very lightly and punishes those greatly that do disappoint her. However, when she fails herself, she can easily become depressed and can lead to consume constant alcohol. This is shown when after learning she tried to kill Ainz, she tried to drink down her guilt with poison; even when Ainz told her the fault belonged to him for a lack of foresight.
According to Ainz, Peroroncino had programmed her to be very kinky, and this is shown when he gives her a punishment by sitting on her. However, rather than suffer through the pain, she becomes sexually aroused by it and ultimately enjoys it.
When Shalltear drinks a lot of blood, she turns feral; despite retaining memory of orders she is supposed to follow. She slaughtered adventurers that could have been useful; only sparing one after learning she had contact with Ainz after getting hit by a YGGDRSIL potion he gifted (believing she may have blundered and destroyed pawns her master was cultivating).
Powers and Abilities
Shalltear is claimed to be the strongest of the Floor Guardians, right behind Gargantua, the Fourth Floor Guardian. She has demonstrated tremendous power and strength that rivals with even Ainz's skill. These include:
- Superhuman Strength: Shalltear's strength surpasses human strength beyond and rivals with Ainz's.
- Superhuman Durability: Shalltear has shown to take heavy hits from Ainz with some relative ease. Though with her regenerative abilities and her powers from her lance, she can be very difficult to kill.
- Superhuman Speed: Shalltear has shown to move at accelerated speed, keeping up with the likes of Ainz, as well as surpassing the speed of humans. She has fast reaction timing as she caught Brain's blade on multiple occasions as well as casually deflecting his strikes.
- Magic: Shalltear's magic is powerful enough to rival with Ainz Ooal Gown's. She can use her magic to regenerate missing limbs and wounds, grant her teleportation, create massive explosions, invisibility and many more.
- Shalltear has an incredibly hard time getting drunk; having poison resistance.
- A healing potion can cause her superficial harm.
- In the web novel, Shalltear turned Arte into her plaything (after the author responded to the majority vote of the readers about whether to spare Arte or not); in the light novel and anime, Shalltear drank her blood, while allowing the rest of Nazarick to take what they wanted from the corpse.
- She has the largest protectorate of the Great Tomb: the first three floors.
- Shalltear is confirmed bisexual; though seems to prefer women when not obsessed with Ainz.
Floor Guardian Subordinates
Roble Holy Kingdom