|“||AH! I HATE THIS STUFF! GET IT OFF OF ME! AHHHHH! I don’t feel so good.||„|
|~ Shellshock when being sprayed by the Deandre flowers and collapsing to his knees. Also his final words before his death.|
He is voiced by Richard Epcar.
Shellshock is a bipedal tortoise with a traffic light sticking out of his back.
Squatt and Baboo decided to create their own monster to destory the Power Rangers, as Rita, was sleeping. Baboo then showed Squatt their monster, a clay tortoise, much's Squatt's shock, and then Baboo stuck a mini traffic light in the clay tortoise's back, and even Squatt was still unimpressed, Baboo was still confindate in their tortoise monster. Before Baboo put the clay tortoise in the Monster-Matic machine, Squatt gave the clay tortoise weapons to find with, including a baseball and bat, a cannon, a hook, and a brass knuckle, and Baboo though about giving the clay tortoise the names of "Greta" or "Peetoosh", which Squatt disliked and suggested the name "Shellshock" instead, which Baboo agreed on. They put Shellshock in the Monster-Matic machine, which briefly wakes Rita up. Once out of the Monster-Matic machine, who also likes his name, is greeted by Squatt and Baboo, who send down Putties to fight the Power Rangers first to wear them down.
Once on Earth, after the Power Rangers defeated the Putties, Shellshock, Squatt, and Baboo watch as they are playing basketball, and Baboo explains to Shellshock how he wants to use his traffic light beams to weaken the Rangers, Shellshock agrees to do. Shellshock then uses his beams to destroy their basketball. The Rangers morph but Shellshock blasts Trini with his "Go" beam, making her unable to stop running as she heads in the opposite direction. The other Rangers then go after the three but Shellshock manages to freeze them, except Jason, with the "Stop" beam, and after to finish the other rangers but Jason manages to stop them, and return to the Moon Palace.
Once on the Moon Palace, a now awake Rita is impressed with how Shellshock handled the Power Rangers, and praises the three, despite Goldar's objections about creating Shellshock without Rita's permission. Once back on Earth, Rita made Shellshock grow and wrecked havoc throughout before Jason shows up in the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord to stop Shellshock. Although Shellshock gains the upperhand in the fight against the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord, Tommy comes to help and summons the Dragonzord to fight Shellshock, allowing the Rangers to gain the upperhand before Shellshock freezes the zords with the "Stop" beam. However, Trini then shows up the Deandra flowers Zordon sent to get and uses to undo the effects of Shellshock's beams, unfreezing the Kimberly, Zack, and Billy, and the zords. Jason and Tommy then use their to destroy Shellshock, much the fury of Rita, who berates Squatt and Baboo for their monster's failure.
Powers And Abilities
- Traffic Lights: Shellshock can use the traffic lights on his back to do the following:
- Green: From the top green light, it can fire the "Go-Beam", which is a green colored energy laser that, when hit on contact with the target, will causes foes to move non stop, it can sometimes do physical damage similar to that of an energy laser.
- Yellow: Unknown (Probaly just slows the Target's Movements and Reactions)
- Red: From the bottom red light, it can fire a red laser blast that when it hits on contact with the enemy, with stop and freeze foes in place.
- Superhuman Strength: Shellshock is powerful enough to overpower Tyrannosaurus Dinozord.
- Baseball Bat and Baseball: For weaponry, Shellshock can pull a baseball bat out of its shell and smack baseballs at foes
- Head Cannon: Shellshock Can pull its head in to utilize the cannon in its shell that can fire energy blasts.
- Left Hook Hand: Shellshock can pull a hook arm out of his left hand for combat.
Shellshock's personality is very similar to that of a general or warrior, always up right and ready for battle. Shellshock was shown to be headstrong, arrogant and confident individual. He considered himself Invincible and thought he could easily take down Rangers. But it was his weakness as he finally lost to the superheroes. Shellshock is proud of his species. He calls it "Tortoise Power".