|“||Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.||„|
Shockwave is a Decepticon from the Transformers Franchise. He is usually treated as the "mad scientist" of the Decepticons. In some continuities, he is Megatron's true second in command but is forced to stay on Cybertron leaving Starscream as the acting second in command. Although he appears loyal to Megatron, his true loyalty lies in logic and would overthrow Megatron without hesitation if that is the logical choice.
|“||Fear not, Megatron. Cybertron shall remain as you leave it.||„|
|~ Shockwave after having Megatron entrust the safety of Cybertron.|
Shockwave was a minor Decepticon in the Generation One cartoon, but he did appear in some episodes as the main character. He was left behind by Megatron to look after Cybertron, with Shockwave announcing "Cybertron shall remain as you leave it". Megatron hardly showed any respect for Shockwave, such as in Desertion of the Dinobots where he threatened to make Shockwave become a maintenance worker if he fails to give the Decepticons enough Cybertonium to recharge and still be active for the war against the Autobots on Earth. Shockwave claims that he will only serve Megatron, learning of how Starscream wanted to make Megatron either surrender or die when the Decepticon Combaticons tried to move Earth into the sun. Shockwave's fate is unknown after the G1 movie. He was never seen afterwards. It is likely that Unicron killed him during his attack on Cybertron and Shockwave, small and weak compared to Unicron, did not survive the attack. His last known dialogue was, "Decepticons, we're under attack! Scramble!".
in The comics, Shockwave becomes the main villain for being an even more effective leader than Megatron in the Marvel comics.
in IDW comics he served as the main villain of Dark Cybertron.
- Main article: Shockblast
- Main article: Shockwave (Transformers Animated)
Transformers Cinematic Universe
- Main article: Shockwave (Transformers Film Series)
in the 2011 third movie of Transformers film series of Michael Bay, Shockwave appeared as a major antagonist.
- Main article: Shockwave (Transformers Prime)
Main article: Shockwave (Cyberverse)
- Bob Budiansky, the creator of Shockwave, intended his creation to be an evil robotic Spock from Star Trek.
- In the original cartoon, Animated series, and War for Cybertron he is voiced by Corey Burton. In Fall of Cybertron, he is voiced by Steven Blum.
- Animated Shockwave seems to have his abilities inspired by G1 Autobot Punch, an Autobot double agent who is posing as a high-ranked Decepticon named Counterpunch.
Prime Wars Trilogy
|Generation One Villains|