|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||The power of my machines are unmatched! No other demon can compare to the likes of I!||„|
|~ Sir Pentious during his attempted takeover of Hell.|
|“||You whores have no class! In war, the side remembered is the side with the most...style!||„|
|~ Sir Pentious to Cherri Bomb and Angel Dust.|
Sir Pentious is a recurring antagonist of the 2019 adult animated musical series Hazbin Hotel created by Vivienne Medrano, also known as VivziePop. He serves as the main antagonist in the pilot "That's Entertainment".
An inventor and a snake demon, he is Cherri Bomb's archenemy as both of them are constantly locked in turf wars over new territory after the annual exterminations the angels of Heaven conduct on Hell.
He is voiced by Will Stamper.
Sir Pentious was a brilliant Victorian-era inventor and supervillain, having died in 1888. His main goal is to gain complete control of Hell, even though there are times where his attempts failed. Being an inventor, Sir Pentious has expertise in building and working with machines and devices. He does have an army of minions (like Charlie's Razzle and Dazzle) known as the Egg Bois, which were created by him and an unknown character.
In the official pilot of the series, Sir Pentious arrives to destroy numerous buildings to claim territory. He later confronted the one-eyed demon Cherri Bomb before fighting her and Angel Dust (another demon and an ally of the latter) in a tremendous battle with the Egg Bois, his minions. The snake demon also attempted to destroy Alastor the Radio Demon when Sir Pentious arrived in front of him, Charlie and her group at the hotel. However, Alastor summons shadow tentacles and smashes Sir Pentious and his ship, causing it to blow up and having casualties among his minions. Sir Pentious himself, however, survives and is shown climbing out of the crater caused by the explosion in the post-credits scene with a surviving Egg Boi urging the demon to shoot him with his ray gun.
Sir Pentious believes himself a far larger threat than he actually is, even believing he's capable of taking out Alastor, but is almost immediately proven wrong. Yet still his exaggerated pride in how evil and cunning he is (or thinks he is); even has him outright declare: "I'm so evil!".
As noted by Angel Dust, Sir Pentious is oblivious to sexual innuendos. This is due to the fact he's from the late 18th century when sexual innuendos and sex jokes weren't really a thing.
He doesn't treat his minions too well, often harming and insulting them. But they remain loyal to him, even liking it to some degree, as one repeatedly asks for Pentious to shoot him, which he never does. And he's capable of doing nice things for them on occasion, such as fixing their broken toys, or reading stories to them, mostly about himself.
- Sir Pentious is revealed to have skills at playing the organ.
- His name, or more precisely the shortened version "Sir Pent", is a play on the word 'serpent'.
- According to Vivziepop, Sir Pentious was originally supposed to be a one-off, minor character, as he was supposed to be the villain just for the pilot only. However, he grew on Vivienne and the Hazbin Hotel fans so much that she decided to give him a bigger role in the series.
- During a stream, it is mentioned that he has a crush, though it is not mentioned who.
- In the Vivzie Streem #4 livestream, it was revealed that Sir Pentious has a venomous bite that can make victims either sick or drugged. However, he uses this bite as a last resort in conflict only.
- Sir Pentious prefers his technology to other forms of fighting, and is shown to be terrible at hand-to-hand combat.
- According to VivziePop in her VIVZIE STREEM- Let's Get it Started HAH -#2 livestream, another character helped Sir Pentious create the Egg Bois.
- Viv has said that Sir Pentious would like cats.
- Sir Pentious is said to be bisexual, although VivziePop admitted that at this point his sexuality is not plot-relevant and may change.
- It is theorized by some that Sir Pentious has a son, as he mentions the word "son" when Angel taunts him with the phrase "Oh! Harder daddy!".
- Though mostly seen as goofy, Vivzie said he can be a threat if given the right moment.