|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Oh, you want to go, missy? Well, I'm happy to oblige!||„|
|~ Sir Pentious to Cherri Bomb before he prepares to fight her.|
Sir Pentious is one of the main antagonists of the 2019 adult animated musical series Hazbin Hotel created by Vivienne Medrano, also known as VivziePop. He serves as the main antagonist in the pilot "That's Entertainment". An inventor and a snake demon, he is Cherri Bomb's archenemy as both of them are constantly locked in turf wars over new territory after the annual exterminations the angels of Heaven conduct on Hell.
He is voiced by Will Stamper.
Sir Pentious was a brilliant Victorian-era inventor and supervillain, having died in 1888. His main goal is to gain complete control of Hell, even though there are times where his attempts failed. Being an inventor, Sir Pentious has expertise in building and working with machines and devices. He does have an army of minions (like Charlie's Razzle and Dazzle) known as the Egg Bois, which were created by him and an unknown character.
In the official pilot of the series, Sir Pentious arrives to destroy numerous buildings to claim territory. He later confronted the one-eyed demon Cherri Bomb before fighting her and Angel Dust (another demon and an ally of the latter) in a tremendous battle with the Egg Bois, his minions. The snake demon also attempted to destroy Alastor the Radio Demon when Sir Pentious arrived in front of him, Charlie and her group at the hotel. However, Alastor summons shadow tentacles and smashes Sir Pentious and his ship, causing it to blow up and having casualties among his minions. Sir Pentious himself, however, survives and is shown climbing out of the crater caused by the explosion in the post-credits scene.
- Sir Pentious is revealed to have skills at playing the organ.
- He seems to have a tendency of abusing the Egg Bois since in the pilot, Sir Pentious is shown constantly hitting and hurting them.
- His name, or more precisely the shortened version "Sir Pent", is a play on the word 'serpent'.
- According to Vivziepop, Sir Pentious was originally supposed to be a one-off, minor character, as he was supposed to be the villain just for the pilot only. However, he grew on Vivienne and the Hazbin Hotel fans so much that she decided to give him a bigger role in the series.
- During a stream, it is mentioned that he has a crush, though it is not mentioned who.
- In the Vivzie Streem #4 livestream, it was revealed that Sir Pentious has a venomous bite that can make victims either sick or drugged. However, he uses this bite as a last resort in conflict only.
- Sir Pentious prefers his technology to other forms of fighting, and is shown to be terrible at hand-to-hand combat.
- According to VivziePop in her VIVZIE STREEM- Let's Get it Started HAH -#2 livestream, another character helped Sir Pentious create the Egg Bois.
- Viv has said that Sir Pentious would like cats.
- Sir Pentious is said to be bisexual, although VivziePop admitted that at this point his sexuality is not plot-relevant and may change.
- It is theorized by some that Sir Pentious has a son, as he mentions the word "son" when Angel taunts him with the phrase "Oh! Harder daddy!".