|“||She was on vacation with her husband and they were scoping out graveyards on the way, as you do, when she saw it. Rising out of the old cemetery, big as an old (macabre) telephone pole. Was this some kind of bizarre art piece the authorities hadn't gotten wise to yet? Even as she stepped out of the car, the megaphones on its "head" screeched to life. "NINE. EIGHTEEN. ONE. CHILD. SEVENTEEN. REMOVE. VILE.". A buzzing, doubled voice screamed random words at her. At this point, it jerked into motion, striding down the hill towards her.||„|
|~ The Tumblr caption for the original drawing of Siren Head.|
Siren Head, who is sometimes called Lamp Head (occasionally written as Sirenhead and Lamphead) and many other names, is a hostile cryptid and urban legend created by the artist Trevor Henderson.
It is a tall mysterious humanoid creature known for its odd appearance and the various sounds that emanate out of its head, which consists of a metallic pole with sirens attached to it.
Almost all images of Siren Head are presented very similarly to each other, featuring Siren Head as a tall, thin, desiccated and dehydrated humanoid with mummified skin and dual sirens on its head. Henderson has confirmed that Siren Head's sirens have the ability of releasing various sounds out of them, such as conversations, white noises, and extremely loud sounds which can damage hearing. Siren Head has been presented with differing objects on its head, depending on two known photographs.
In the first photo, more than two sirens are seen on Siren Head's head. While in the second photo, Siren Head's head is that of a street lamp, which gave Siren Head the nickname "Lamp Head." These two photographs verified two theories: Siren Head has the ability to change it's appearance, in order to fit in with the world, or that sub-species of Siren Head exist. Interestingly enough, the only metallic piece of Siren Head are the sirens on its head. While its body is made out of organic veins, wizened old skin and wires, which are spiraled on it's torso and neck. Some theorize that the sirens aren't naturally appearing.
Trevor Henderson also goes on to explain that Siren Head might be packed up with a loose cassette tape and a tape recorder incorporated in its body. This may be the explanation of how Siren Head captures sounds of the victims and surrounding sounds which Siren Head replays as bait. On April 25th, 2020, Henderson released a statement on Twitter, which goes on to explain that Siren Head isn't a man-made creature and that Siren Head has the ability of imitating various human technology. Trevor Henderson also explained that Siren Head's appearance varies on whom is seeing it. People might see different versions of Siren Head, although the anatomy is always the same, the thin & skeletal figure, with different heads, explaining the sightings of the so-called “Lamp Head” and the multi-headed variation.
Siren Head is a physical entity, but its anatomy and existence are terrifying and meaningless to us. Siren Head isn't a being of our reality, instead Siren Head is much distinguished than us, as it is not limited by our laws of nature. Basically, Siren Head is a constantly changing manifestation, which almost always appears different in the victim’s view of Siren Head. The information changes all knowledge we have on Siren Head, which opens various theories about the creature.
In the past, people theorized how can Siren Head have sirens even in the distant past, before actual sirens were invented. If the laws of our nature, time and space don’t apply to it, it is possible Siren Head may be a being of unlimited power, all knowing and able to move in any direction of the universe. However, these are all just speculations at the moment.
Trevor has recently revealed many more facts about Siren Head. It is actually the static form of an unfathomable supernatural entity. Despite its lack of eyes, it can still see. It also has the ability to manipulate technology by playing sounds through other devices. It spends most of its time standing still, but it has the ability to move very fast.
Victims of Siren Head have apparently been found with their “eyes/ear drums/gums/sinuses burst and bleeding”, which ties in with its recent sighting where a majority of the population in a town was found dead in the same way, possibly a victim of Siren Head’s ability to play loud sounds. Siren Head was never a person; people cannot turn into him by any means as well. Weapons do not normally work on the beast as well. It has almost never been spotted in large population areas. Despite the teeth in his speakers, Siren Head does not eat, meaning that he may not actually be a predator in the traditional sense (though this may be extremely contradictory information).
There have also been conflicting reports on whether Siren Head is a lone being or whether it is a species. Interestingly, Siren Head does not seem to acknowledge other animals, it seems only focused on humans for some reason. Its motives are currently unknown, as they may be completely alien to us. When someone asked if people have survived the creature, or if Siren Head has had any worshippers, Trevor simply responded with a smiley face.
Siren Head is a very aggressive, monstrous and skilled predator, which makes him very dangerous. It seems to have some degree of intelligence due to using tactics such as camouflaging within forests and mimicking sounds like voices to hide from and lure his prey. Other than that, nothing much else is known about Siren Head’s way of thinking, though unconfirmed theories suggest it is the last of his kind and so might have a strong will to survive, possibly developing it's camouflage skills to hide from other dangerous creatures, though again this is not confirmed. Siren Head is not above fooling people with their friends’ voices and one sighting of him suggests that he also blocks out the screams of it devoured victims with his own sounds, ensuring there is no chance anyone will help them. This is most likely to ensure a successful hunt by confusing and disorienting the prey, though it might also simply be a form of cruelty. Siren Head also sometimes does not consume its victims as seen in the Siren Head video game, meaning that it possibly kills for sport or other reasons.
The latest possible sighting of Siren Head includes a news snippet of the aftermath of an unusual, never-before-seen killing tactic. For unknown reasons, Siren Head chose to kill many of the people in a town/neighborhood by bursting their eardrums and soft tissues. It is not known whether Siren Head produces a specific sound to cause such an effect, or if it simply made noises that were loud enough to do so. Many of the residents were left behind and not taken by Siren Head, suggesting that Siren Head has started killing large groups of humans just for the sake of it, which is odd as it has never performed such a sizable action before, usually only stalking and killing singular people or small groups at most. It is possible that this multi-headed version of Siren Head is a subspecies, or simply a design update, though Trevor has confirmed neither theory.
Powers and Abilities
- Mimicry: Siren Head has the ability to release sounds of news broadcasts, human conversations, sirens and screams. One report claims that Siren Head was able to kill a group of people by mimicking their friend’s voice. Another post’s caption suggests Siren Head can use his broadcast to block out the cries of his victims. The latest sighting shows a five-headed Siren Head using his loud sounds to possibly kill off many people, as they were found with burst eardrums and soft tissues.
- Strength: It is believed that Siren Head is extremely powerful due to his size. Siren Head is able to break down trees or various heavy objects at will.
- Speed: In one sighting of Siren Head, a couple reported that Siren Head can be incredibly agile. The couple were driving home, until they saw the graveyard. They ended up checking out the grave, where they saw Siren Head. According to the story, Siren Head started running towards them at an extremely rapid pace.
- Stealth: Some say, that Siren Head is a stronger-moving relative of trees, which is the reason why Siren Head can blend inside of a forest or behind a tree. He can stay motionless for days at a time to blend in with his surroundings, with Trevor mentioning on his Tumblr that Siren Head can cling to ceilings sometimes to make his body blend in with the wires and look like a PA system, stating that he might have used this tactic to take several people in Detroit. Trevor also mentioned that Siren Head makes no sound while moving, saying he can be “almost completely silent,” with yet another post saying he was able to move when someone’s back was turned without the person knowing.
- Transformation: Siren Head appears to be a shapeshifter, being able to transform his head into actual sirens and street lamplights, with Trevor mentioning on his Tumblr that Siren Head was once possibly able to disguise himself as a piece of home furnishing or pipes in the walls to kidnap a family of four. He was seemingly able to somehow take them from their home in his new form or lure them without having to break in, as the only sign of their disappearance was the open backyard patio door. The latest sighting shows a multi-headed variation, which could either be a subspecies or the same Siren Head creating more sirens on his neck to kill off many more people. In some cases, Siren Head could also remove an individual's organs. Trevor’s response to an ask on Twitter also states that it is possible that Siren Head “consistently changes,” or that his appearance could somehow be incomprehensible to humans, so our eyes just see the closest approximation to his actual appearance, however, Trevor has left both interpretations open and has not confirmed which one is true.
- Disguise: One of Siren Head’s most unique traits is the ability to disguise itself as different pieces of urban detritus. Combined with its ability to change its body, it can be surprisingly effective in disguising itself as things such as telephone poles and lamp posts. Trevor has said that Siren Head can pop in its limbs towards its body, extend its midsection and even cover its arms with wires to disguise itself as a telephone pole, remaining motionless for days to sell the trick.
- Official EAS sound, which the entity has been heard using on multiple occasions. The audio was also used in a announcement scene, from the action & horror film series known as The Purge. Though, the original origin of the audio was created in 2011, and it comes from a real American emergency alert system, which has the purpose of the president being able to address the country from any location and time.
- NOTE: These following entries are not canon to Trevor Henderson’s Mythos.
- Recorded March 28th, 1999 in Belgrade, Serbia. Entity heard all over the suburban regions of the city. Over a hundred residents affected with severe hearing loss. When the populace was interviewed, they thought at first that another NATO bombing campaign was taking place, due to the ongoing efforts at the time to push Serbian forces out of Kosovo, but became increasingly confused as no bombs or jets were heard. One person reported seeing what looked like an out-of-place lamp post on a hill near a graveyard, approximately 10 minutes before the sounds began.
- Recorded June 20th, 2010 in Chicago, Illinois. Multiple witnesses called in the CPD when a tornado siren started blaring unexpectedly at night, seemingly from the direction of Willow Springs Woods. When the CPD arrived at the scene, the sound had stopped and the source could not be located.
- Recorded August 28th, 2018, in Weyer, Austria between 03:24 and 03:26. The sound originated from a forest on the outskirts of the town. When investigated in the afternoon, authorities found an empty tent and two wallets. Both wallets still had their contents in them, along with IDs: one belonging to Joachim Müller and the other to Bruno Koffler. Both were residents of Weyer and have since been reported missing.
- Siren Head was created by Trevor Henderson, who is known for making various bizarre creatures over the internet. His other creations include Cartoon Cat, the Country Road Creature, the Bridge Worms, the Man with the Upside-Down Face, the Smile Room, the Good Boy, the Lamb, the Man in the Red Room, the Fetid King, the Giants and Long Horse.
- The only parts of Siren Head that are man-made are his sirens and wires, which are fused to his dry and mummified skin.
- Although it commonly does produce sounds mentioned previously, Siren Head can also remain silent at will in order to avoid detection.
- When asleep, Siren Head produces white noise from its speakers.
- According to Henderson, Siren Head would be unaffected by an EMP, as he is mostly organic.
- On Twitter, Trevor posted an artwork of Siren Head, calling him the “patron saint of going missing without a trace, of creeping dread, of bad things, coming.” Interestingly, the artwork features an iteration of Siren Head with an additional third smaller siren on its neck as opposed to the usual two-headed design. This might mean that Siren Head was redesigned.
- Siren Head was proposed to the SCP Foundation site as the non-canon SCP-6789, but it got removed by the Foundation, and they stated that Siren Head is not a SCP. Any source implying Siren Head to be a SCP is false, since Trevor has stated that he wishes to keep Siren Head as his own separate work.
- SCP-5987 is named "Sirenhead", but is about the figurehead of a French privateer brig. The Captain of the aforementioned ship was titled "6789-AH," an obvious reference to SCP-6789.
- Trevor has confirmed that Siren Head and Long Horse are aware of one another, possibly being enemies due to their different views on humanity.
- Trevor confirmed that Siren Head is the only one of his species when he responded to an ask on Tumblr about his creations possibly being part of a species; he name drops Siren Head, Long Horse, Bonesworth and Mr. Mascot as a few of the many monsters that are the only one of their kind.
- Siren Head's movement is nearly completely silent.
- Siren Head appears to be one of the largest of Trevor Henderson's creations, both figuratively and literally, being one of Trevor Henderson's most popular creations and it itself being around 40 feet tall.
- Siren Head and by extension, the rest of Trevor Henderson’s art, has recently gained much more fame due to videos created by YouTubers, such as: PewDiePie, Markiplier,JackSepticEye,CoryxKenshin,LaurenzSide, 8-BitRyan, and many others playing the Siren Head game and exploring more of the lore and other creatures created by Trevor.
- Trevor has responded to an ask on Twitter on how Siren Head could resemble tech from the 90’s or 2000’s in ancient times. Interestingly, he responded with “What we're seeing might be the most recent form, or maybe a slightly outdated form, of something that consistently changes. Maybe our eyes just show us the closest approximation to what's actually there and this ‘fits’.” This could possibly mean that Siren Head changes itself depending on the era it is in in order to blend in more easily, or that what we see is not its real form, but the closest thing the human mind can associate with it.
- Siren Head is said to be some sort of “ambassador/emissary/hype man for…something else from somewhere else.” What this something else is is currently unknown.
- Trevor has stated Siren Head does not actually need eyes, ears, a nose, or the ability to feel vibrations to be able to find prey due to his supernatural nature.
- Trevor Henderson confirmed himself that Siren Head is not of this reality, with the fact that it is not just an extraterrestial from another dimension, but plausibly multiple beings that share a collectivist consciousness.
- A group of Siren Heads is called a static.
- In 2018, Trevor revealed that a Siren Head action figure is being made for sale, created by toy maker and designer Jeff D'Ottavio. It's believed that the action figures are still being prepared, or the project was dropped. Others have been creating their own versions of the action figure, publishing their work on YouTube, and other social platforms.