|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
The Specimens are a collection of villainous humanoids-creatures-monsters by Spooky which appear in the videogame Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion.
The Specimens appear in the original game. Monsters appear in the Karamari Hospital DLC and Unknown Specimens appear in the Endless Version of the House.
- 1 History
- 2 Minor enemies
- 3 Secret Enemies
- 4 List of Members
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Navigation
According to some of the scattered notes found by the player over the course of the game, Spooky had amassed enough wealth to build the titular House of Jumpscares as well as many people including workers and scientists to do so. Over the course of containment of the Specimens, there were some accidents including one of the creatures escaping as stated from one of Generic Lab assistant's notes where the said person complained the issue to Spooky only for her gave him a cold shoulder.
Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion
At the start, Spooky appears greeting the player, wishing the player luck to survive her house. The first specimen player sees is Specimen 1, which will appear in the whole game. Specimen 1 cannot cause damage to the player, however, they are solid objects, meaning they can still stop the player if they run into them. When the player reaches room 60, they will find a puddle of dark greenish-blue goo, which slows the player, and a note. Upon reading the note, Specimen 2 will start to chase the player.
As the player escapes Specimen 2, in Room 120, the player must find a key-card to operate the locked door. Once unlocked, Specimen 3 will appear, starting its chase. Once escaped, the player will get to Room 165, a very dark empty school, where Specimen 4 starts her chase. At any time Specimen 2, 3 and 4 can always start chasing the player again. The player then gets to the Abandoned Factory at Room 210, in which they must escape to continue.
As the player escapes, Specimen 5 starts chasing the player, along with causing hallucinations that cause the walls, floor, and ceiling to change textures, move, and shift in appearance. The player ends up getting to the Zelda-esque Lair at Room 310, where the player will have to find two keys to progress. Upon entering the last room of the Temple, the player will see Specimen 6, who won't move until the player looks away from it, or until a certain amount of time has passed since it last moved. Then, at room 410, a small pinkish-white kitten appears giving the player a warning of what's coming up.
Once the player has left the safety of the kitten, and enters Specimen 7's dimension, a huge wall of flesh and bodies starts chasing the player, meaning they can't make too many mistakes in the maze-like rooms that 7 chases them in. Once the player has escaped the wall, the player gets into a mist-filled forest at room 550, containing small deer. The deer are passive, grazing in the forest, until the player provokes them. As the player moves on, Specimen 8, a Humanoid-Deer God appears, chasing the player.
Once escaped, Specimen 10 appears in room 610, a lab, when the lighting is turned on. A giant worm creature appears, which opens to reveal Specimen 10, starting their chase of the player. Then, in room 710, Specimen 11 appears in a McDonalds-esque restaurant, where, when the player takes the keys to escape, a large red demon-like creature appears, starting its chase. 11 can make the doors in any room invisible, confusing the player
Eventually, Specimen 12, a large mansion, which possesses a host that it uses to hunt down the player once they enter will happen in room 810. Once the player escapes the Mansion, 12's host will chase the player. In room 910, the player encounters Specimen 13, a siren, in a flooded area, where it will chase the player until they escape. In the end, Spooky appears sad, telling the player that there's a Boss Fight with Specimen 9, in which the player must defeat it to win the game in total.
All of the noted specimens, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11 and 12 can always attack the player again, while 7 and 13 cannot.
Specimen 9 can appear at any time, if the player waits too long in one room.
Endless Mode is exactly the same as the original, while all of the specimens can appear at any time and start chasing the player. In the Endless Mode, Unknown Specimens 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 appear at random minutes trying to kill the player
HD Renovation is pretty much the same as the original, except the game itself is designed into a 3D Mode, and changes were created to the Specimens, giving them much more abilities than the original game itself.
Karamari Hospital is the continuation of the original Spooky's House of Jumpscares. As the title suggests, the player starts its quest in a Hospital. With Spooky greeting the player, bringing the player to the Hospital part of her Mansion. In the begging, the Hospital appears to be a usual hospital, until the player unlocks the door to goes down to the second floor.
On this floor, everything appears to be darker and morbid, blood in every room. In these rooms, the player must find a bage to unlock the secret floor, in which the player must find a key to enter the final room, where Monster 5 will start brutally chasing the player until it kills him. When the player finishes, Spooky will again greet the player, congratulating the player.
At some occasions, minor enemies appear in-game as well, which do not create a lot of damage towards the player.
Specimen 1 takes the form of harmless various-entitles which would randomly appear in all Spooky's games. The specimen is just a picture of most of the time an adorable character which would just appear and scream towards the protagonist. It does not create any damage towards the player, yet it is just a jump-scare. The picture is random.
Class Shadows are the are as the title suggests: shadow-figures of male and female students appearing at room 165, in which Specimen 4 starts her chase. The shadows only appear when the protagonist uses a flashlight on them. If the protagonist touches them, the shadow will attack, causing them to lose their health.
The Violent Deers, or simply Deers, are aggressive enemies which appear from rooms 552 to 556. When the player gets to the room 557, the Specimen 8 will start its chase. At the first view of the deers, they appear very harmless. If the protagonist gets in any contact with the deers, they would instantly attack the protagonist, making the protagonist use its axe to kill the deers.
Howard is a minor enemy which would randomly appear in-game. Howard appears to be a tall humanoid with-out any facial expressions. When Howard appears, the protagonist will be presented with a short little hallway. Until Howard randomly appears jump-scaring running towards the player. Howard can not kill the protagonist.
W.A.M is a similar enemy as Howard is which only appears in the room 557. W.A.M is a black-tanned humanoid with appearing white eyes. When the protagonist turns on the record player in 557, the player would turn off by itself, and W.A.M would appear behind the protagonist and randomly disappear.
Specimen 9 (Boss)'s Minions
The Bosses Minions only appear in the battle between the protagonist and the Boss. The boss has an ability to spawn its minions which would slowly walk towards the protagonist, trying to damage it. As of yet, the minions still do not have their official name.
The Brain is a contained brain in a glass with fluid which appears randomly in a room. If the protagonist uses the axe twice to break the glass, the Brain would get out instantly turning to murder the player, killing them in one hit.
Carl is a minor villain which appears only in the Karamari Hospital. When the protagonist enters the toilet, there would be a door saying 'out of order' for a bathroom. While there's a blooded standing toilet which is visible towards the protagonist. If the protagonist touches the bloody toilet, he will be able to open the out of order doors in which Carl would get out from a toilet screaming at the player.
Carl is based on the famous Creepypasta villain Slender Man.
The Virus is also an only appearing minor in the Karamari Hospital. The virus is an obstacle that the protagonist must destroy to continue its quest of defeating the game. The player must use an acid bottle to destroy the virus. In New Game Plus, the sword can be used to destroy the virus immediately without having to use the acid bottle.
The Secret Enemies are the noted Specimens which are possibly available in a future re-brand of the video game. In Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion, when the player opens the CAT-DOES from the room 900 and tries to access MODIFY_HOUSE_LAYOUT tab six times and then do the same at Specimen 9's entry, the player will be greeted with a secret menu which shows the entry for the Boss Mode of Specimen 9 and four new possible Specimens. Though all the four new Specimens have their own videos game, the menu may just possibly be a reference to the four, promoting them so the players could play their games as well.
List of Members
- It's believed that most of the specimens have been inspired or based on other various characters from other medias:
- Specimen 1 consist of characters which are referred to Jeff the Killer from Creepypasta, Xenomorph from the Alien movie, The Scream painting by Edvard Munch and The Horror movie Trick'r Treat.
- Specimen 2 design was based on the Lub-Glub monsters from Adventure Time. Specimen 2 also looks very similar to an artwork, which projects the artists vision of Hell. Created by the late Zdzisław Beksiński.
- Specimen 3 design was based on the Centurion centipede from Resident Evil series.
- Specimen 4 was inspired by ghostly kids from the RPG & Asian horror-video game Corpse Party. Judging by it's sinister appearance, horror-movie characters like Samara Morgan from The Ring and Kayako Saeki from The Grudge could of been inspiration aswell.
- Specimen 5 was based on the Silent Hill series. Specimen 5's appearance could of been inspired on Nurses and Mannequins from Silent Hill, and it's sound-effects are also from Silent Hill.
- Specimen 6 was inspired by The Legend of Zelda video-games franchise. While Specimen 6's design resembles the Happy Mask Salesman from Zelda, & BEN's Creepypasta-story was also inspiration for Specimen 6.
- Specimen 7 design was based on Giygas from Earthbound.
- Specimen 8's design was based on The Beast from the series Over the Garden Wall. Others have claimed that Specimen 8 could of also been based on SCP-1471-A from the SCP Foundation, The Boogeyman from the video-game Knock-Knock and Remor from the video-game Fran Bow. Interestingly enough, all of which have probably been based on folklore creatures Herne the Hunter and Wendigo.
- Specimen 9's could of been based on Red, from the NES Gozilla Creepypasta. While the battle between Boss Specimen 9 and the player, could of been based on Ganondorf battle from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- Specimen 10's (Old) design could of been based on Onix from the legendary Pokémon franchise.
- Specimen 10 was based on the John Carpenter's 1982 movie The Thing, in which parasites get onto humans, and transform them into a monstrous being. The same goes for Specimen 10.
- Specimen 11 has the ability of bringing it's victims to it's alternative dimension, in which the victims end up dying. Because Specimen 11 has it's dimension where victims are dragged into, Specimen 11 was probably inspired by SCP-106 from the SCP Foundation, which also brings it's victims into his pocket-dimension, in which the victim could escape or die.
- Specimen 12's was based on the horror-video game Clock Tower. Novel The Shinning written by Stephen King and the serial killer from Adult Swim's episode Too Many Cooks.
- Specimen 13's behaving's are based on the Kaernk from Amnesia: The Dark Descent video-game.
- Monster 3's design could of been based on Conrad from manga Berserk & The monster from Silent Hill known as Flesh Lip.
- Monster 5 could of been inspired by Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, also known as the "Mad Cow Disease", and SCP-3199 from the SCP Foundation.
- Monster 6 could of been based on Morticia Addams from The Addams Family. Once Monster 6 kills it's victims, it displays the message "Dont Get Up Before Friday", which could of been inspired by the song "Friday", created by Rebecca Black, which says "Gotta Get Up On Friday" in the song.
- Unknown Specimen 1 was obviously based on White Face from the horror-game Imscared.
- Unknown Specimen 2 was based on the famous horror game Five Night's at Freddy's also known as FNAF.
- Unknown Specimen 3 is also known as "Spooper", and the name comes from the word which originates from the internet meme culture known as "Spoopy".
- Unknown Specimen 4 could of been inspired by Japanese Folkore, primarily the Fox Woman.
- Unknown Specimen 5 was based on the P.T trailer for the game Silent Hills, which has been cancelled.