|“||All hail Starscream!||„|
|~ Starscream takes leadership of the Decepticons|
Starscream is the second-in-command of the Decepticons and the secondary antagonist of the Transformers: Prime series. He initially seeks to usurp control of the Decepticons from Megatron, but eventually learns his place and becomes content with being second in the Decepticon hierarchy.
He appears the main antagonist of the Darkness Rising arc of season 1 until Megatron returns and re-assumes leadership of the Decepticons. In Season 2, he goes rogue and competes against both the Autobots and Decepticons in the hunt for Iacon Relics before rejoining the Decepticons towards the end of the season and becoming the secondary antagonist at the end of Season 2 and for the entirety of Season 3, as well as the series finale, Predacons Rising.
He later reappears as the main antagonist of the third season of Transformers Robots in Disguise, the sequel to the Transformers Prime series.
He was voiced by Steve Blum on TV who also played Vilgax from the Ben 10 series, Smytus from My Life as a Teenage Robot, Wade Wilson in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine video game, Green Goblin in The Spectacular Spider-Man and Dehaka from StarCraft 2 and Makucha in The Lion Guard.
In the "Cybertron" games, he was voiced by Sam Reigel.
|“||You never learn, Starscream. Your arrogance will trump your wits every time.||„|
|~ Megatron declaring Starscream's greatest weakness will always be his boundless arrogance.|
Starscream was ruthless, cruel, conniving, selfish, cunning, and above all arrogant. As mentioned before he is traitorous on occasion. When he does something, it is usually for his own personal benefit. His greatest weapon is his cunning and resourceful nature. Despite his cunning nature, Starscream is shown to have some sense of honor as he will repay his debts to those who helped him; this was shown when Arcee saved Starscream from being killed by Megatron, and Starscream returned the favour by saving Arcee from being killed by Airachnid. Like most of his incarnations, Starscream is a coward who often relies on dirty tactics to win and acts arrogantly when he's winning. When he initally became leader, he used much of the Con's finite resources to stroke his own ego. But when the tables are turned, he either flees in terror or begs for mercy.
Starscream is also a despicable sadist who shows no concern in mistreating or respect for others, like Predaking, Skylynx, Darksteel, a pair of troopers guarding Shockwave's lab, Shockwave himself, and the Autobots. He appeared remorseless for desecrating Skyquake's burial place by reviving the deceased Decepticon as a dark energon terrorcon that was trapped in the Shadowzone and when Megatron killed Dreadwing, who wanted to seek vengeance on Starscream for desecrating his brother Skyquake by raising him from the dead. He even gleefully taunted and crippled Arcee by telling her about how he killed Cliffjumper in a gruesome way, resulting in her nearly killing him had Bumblebee not interfered.
Compared with Megatron himself, even though that he was less competent than the latter, Starscream is also more merciful. He managed to find other ways of punishing his warriors like scratching Knock-Out's finish when he disobeyed orders.
After being abandoned by Megatron, Starscream has become power-hungry when he attempted to use the 7 weaponized mini-cons to power himself up against his former master for the pain he suffered as well using Megatron's Dark Star Saber to conquer galaxies.
- 1 Starscream clone
- 4 Starscream clones
- Leland Bishop / Silas
- Airachnid (Presumed)
- Numerous counts of unnamed Autobots
- Numerous counts of unnamed Vehicons
- Numerous counts of unnamed Insecticons
- Numerous counts of unnamed Predacons
- It is the second incarnation of Starscream who leaves the Decepticons and then comes back to them. Armada Starscream being the first.
- It is the first incarnation of Starscream not to have died in a Transformers Series.
- The original incarnation was killed by Galvatron before returning like a ghost and then being resurrected by Unicron.
- The Starscream of the Unicron Trilogy perished while trying valiantly but in vain to shoot down Unicron.
- The Starscream of Animated had his Spark extinguished by Megatron for betraying him but a fragment of the Allspark kept him alive until they were removed from him, definitively ending his life.
- The Starscream of Combiners Wars was killed by Megatron but came back to life without explanation.
- The movie incarnation was beheaded by a bomb stuck in the eye.