|“||Welcome, guests, to The Last Resort! Are you ready to check in?||„|
|~ Steward to Luigi, wearing his human mask|
The Steward is a bellhop ghost and an enemy of Luigi in Luigi's Mansion 3. He is one of Hellen Gravely's minions who works in the hotel. He is the first boss in the game and also the easiest one (since his only weapons are tossing suitcases). Luigi fights him for the first and fifth floor's elevator buttons.
The Steward is first seen when Luigi and company arrive at the hotel for their vacation. He is seen wearing a smiling mask most of the time to hide his ghost traits from those around him. He welcomes Luigi and helps them with their luggages. Later on, the Steward is found in the garage located in the Basement after Luigi frees Professor Elvin Gadd. He is seen wheeling a cart containing his mask and coat, revealing himself to be a ghost. Steward notices Luigi and becomes shocked, pushes the cart away and starts the battle against him.
The Steward's only method to attack is throwing luggages at Luigi since he hadn't any other form of attack, which makes the battle easier to win. He will become vulnerable after throwing a suitcase, allowing Luigi to flash him in time. The Steward is finally vacummed with the Poltergust G-00 and his hat comically flies off, but he then pulls it in.
At the end of the game, it is revealed that most ghosts in the hotel were brainwashed by King Boo, and thus were unwillling accomplices. Thus, this might also be true for the Steward. However, his eventual fate remains unknown.
Names in Other Languages
- Spanish: Sirvano (From Silvano and the verb Servir (to serve). Second declension (Genitive Sirvanis))
- Italian: Benvenúto (From the Italian verb Benvenir (to welcome). Fourth declension (Genitive Benvenútuus))
- Dutch: Gaston Wellkom (Reference to Gaston LeGume from Beauty and the Beast)
- He shares his name with a Toad from Paper Mario: Sticker Star named also Steward. Oddly enough, said Toad's mansion became haunted for too many Boos released from the Book of Sealing.
- His name in the Dutch version of the game is "Gaston Wellekom", pronounced like "guests are welcome" similar to the main antagonist of Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Luigi's Mansion 3