This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
- NOTE: This article is only for the TV version of Stormfront. To see the article for the original version of her, go to Stormfront.
|“||We are in a war. But we can fight back, with an army of supermen millions strong.||„|
|~ Stormfront declaring her motives for gathering more superheroes.|
|“||Don't be a pussy, laser my f***in' tits.||„|
|~ Stormfront to Homelander.|
|“||People love what I have to say. They believe in it. They just don't like the word "Nazi". That's all.||„|
|~ Stormfront's most famous quote.|
Stormfront (born Klara Risinger and formerly known as Liberty) is the secondary antagonist of the Amazon TV series The Boys.
Stormfront joined the Seven after Translucent's death became known and soon became a rival to Homelander for the leadership of the Seven. She is adept at using social media and has a large following online. She uses her position as a member of the Seven as a platform to advocate for more superheroes being made in order to combat the threat the nation faces from "Super-terrorists". Her true intentions are much darker, which are to create an army of Supes millions strong to kickstart a war against "inferior races".
She is portrayed by Aya Cash.
Born into Nazi Germany
Klara Risinger was born in Berlin, Germany in 1919 and saw the country eventually become Nazi Germany. She became a believer in the Nazis' idea of Aryan supremacy over all other races, even becoming involved with the higher-ups of Nazi politics, having met some of the most powerful men of Germany at the time such as Heinrich Himmler and Joseph Goebbels, and Hermann Goering. She also fell in love with and married Frederick Vought, the founder of Vought International, who gave her the first successful injection of Compound V, which gave her many powers, one of which being immortality. Unfortunately, because of this, she was subject to witness everyone she'd ever loved die, including her daughter she had with Frederick. She sought to continue Vought's and by proxy the Third Reich's legacy: the continuation of the Final Solution and the "purification" of the world.
Operating as Liberty
During the 1970s and possibly earlier, Stormfront was active as a Supe under the moniker Liberty, where she committed hate crimes against black people and potentially other races, which were promptly covered up by Vought. In one instance, she brutally attacked and murdered a black man named Myron Hunter while his sister Valerie watched, and her family had no choice but to accept Vought's weak compensation of $2000. Liberty was eventually retired, likely due to the growing intolerance for racism, and was rebranded as Stormfront, who had a much more progressive image.
Member of The Seven
Stormfront was brought in to join the Seven by Stan Edgar to replace Translucent sometime after Translucent was reported to have been killed by Super-terrorist El Diablo. She crashed an ad for the military that was being filmed featuring Homelander and Queen Maeve, introducing herself to the two as the newest member of the Seven.
Following her introduction, Stormfront did a publicity tour with Queen Maeve and Starlight, the other two female members of the Seven, to promote the new, feminist image Vought was putting forth.
Stormfront later took part in a mission by Vought to take out Kenji, a Super-terrorist who had been smuggled into the United States. Along the way, they discovered that he had already been captured by the Boys and was being transported by them. After Kenji escaped and was chased after by Kimiko, Stormfront pursued both of them. As Kimiko caught up to Kenji, Stormfront appeared and slammed both of them through the wall of an apartment complex. After killing the witnesses inside the apartment room, Stormfront followed the two up onto the roof of the complex. She took down Kimiko, but Kenji intervened before she could kill her. However, Stormfront then easily took out Kenji, breaking his wrists open and killed him by snapping his neck. Soon after, Homelander arrived, irked that she had disobeyed his orders to let him deal with the Super-terrorist, but Stormfront simply told him to be faster next time before walking off. Later, Stormfront delivered a speech at a press conference addressing the Super-terrorist incident.
Stormfront later speaks at a rally, where she continues her condemnation of Vought and her fearmongering over Supe-terrorists entering the nation, and where Kimiko nearly confronts her until she's stopped by Frenchie, and Stormfront flies off with an electrifying flourish. Homelander watches the press conference on TV, his anger over her increasing popularity ever-growing, and not helped when he views several memes putting him down and Stormfront on a pedestal. He later confronts Stormfront at Vought Tower and lashes out at her for undermining his leadership and taking away his spotlight, and Stormfront mocks him for his apparent insecurity, angering Homelander enough for him to bear his red laser eyes, slightly unnerving Stormfront who apologizes for striking a nerve. She assures him that she wants to help him and his image, and sensually caresses him. Homelander rejects her offer and leaves while she tells him her door is always open to him.
Meanwhile elsewhere, Hughie Campbell, Starlight, and Mother's Milk discover Stormfront's sordid past as the xenophobic Supe Liberty while pursuing a lead on the latter, from Valerie Hunter, who's still haunted by the night of Myron's death. The trio worries since Stormfront's influence is rising in the country.
Sometime later, she is seen co-starring with her teammates at a blockbuster film set for Vought's next major superhero team-up movie. She spends the majority of her subliminally mocking her teammates such as A-Train as well as mingling around with Starlight's privacy with her mother. After Homelander fails at reconnecting with the people who once adored him and are currently protesting against him due to a viral video of him accidentally and carelessly murdering an innocent civilian, she helps him rebuild his image through the use of memes and social media, which benefited Homelander himself an extra 5 points. Afterwards, Stormfront and Homelander proceed to have rough sex at her apartment at Vought tower where she reveals to him her superhuman durability and healing factor by having him use his heat vision on her, leaving burns on her chest that slowly begin vanishing.
After their sexual encounter, Homelander and Stormfront would proceed to commit various acts of depravity and perversion such as when Stormfronts strokes and teases Homelander's penis as he smashes a robber's head against the brick wall at an alleyway before proceeding to have sex with her at the exact same spot. Later that day, at the film set, Homelander invites Stormfront to his trailer for a surprise but she tells him she has an important meeting at Vought tower and will meet him at his trailer in 20 minutes. The surprise turned out to be a bouquet of flowers with a love letter written by Homelander to Stormfront of which Homelander plans to give to her as he has fallen in love with her. He proceeds to wait for her arrival but after 20 minutes, he heads over to the Vought tower to check on her only to realize that she lied to him and isn't there. Frustrated and angry, he heads back to his trailer and destroys it completely into flames. Stormfront eventually returns to the film set and is coldly brushed off by Homelander as he feels as though she is keeping secrets from him, much like Madelyn Stillwell did before.
Later on, Homelander eventually confronts Stormfront about it at her apartment and as it appears as he is about to snap, Stormfront calms him down by showing him her past life as Fredrick Vought's wife, her devotion to neo-Nazism, her Lady Liberty costume, and her daughter who passed away of Alzheimer's a few years back. She reveals to him that she alongside Vought plan to start and end a race war between supes and humans and that Homelander himself would lead on in the battle against the inferior races, to top it all off, she tells him that she loves him dearly and that she alongside him would never have to be alone ever again which prompts Homelander to kiss her passionately, therefore, expressing his love and approval for her.
Homelander and Stormfront would go on to start a campaign against villainous supes where Homelander reveals publically, live on TV that Starlight, who was captured by Black Noir earlier that day is a traitor. Afterwards, Homelander notices Stormfront sadly reminiscing of the birth of her late daughter which prompts him to introduce her to his son, Ryan. He does so and has his son bond with Stormfront as a second motherly figure. Becca begs him not to separate Ryan from her to which he agrees. However, he would go on and reveal to Ryan that he lives in a fake neighborhood created by Vought to shield him and Becca, causing him to retaliate against his mother and leave with Homelander and Stormfront as Becca helplessly watches. The next day, however, Homelander, Stormfront, Maeve, and Ashley attend a court hearing to charge Vought for illegal experimentation.
Dr. Josef Vogelbaum is called out to testify against Vought but before he could, heads began exploding in the courtroom, including his own, killing him. Homelander and Stormfront confusedly watch as everyone in the courtroom attempts to flee while their heads explode as Maeve tries to rescue whomever she can.
Helping Homelander Raise Ryan
Stormfront would go on to help Homelander be a better father to Ryan as well as furthering her bond with him. Both Stormfront and Homelander would take Ryan out for lunch at Vought Planet where both Homelander and Stormfront are flooded by multiple fans, causing Ryan to freak out as he has never been exposed to that many people at once which prompts Homelander to take him to his cabin in the woods where Stormfront arrives and happily watches as Homelander bonds with his son.
The Truth and Battle With The Boys
Stormfront would soon find out that details regarding her past as a neo-Nazi has been leaked to the public, tarnishing her reputation. After Billy Butcher and Becca distract Homelander to take Ryan away, She tracks them down to an open field near the woods where she uses her powers to flip over the car of which Mother's Milk is driving with both Becca and Ryan in the passenger's seat. She angrily confronts Starlight for leaking out her information as a Nazi and a fight ensues between her, Starlight, and Kimiko. Stormfront uses her powers to her advantage and initially gets the upper hand, however, Queen Maeve immediately joins the fight against her, therefore, outnumbering her. Starlight, Kimiko, and Maeve would proceed to beat her down as Starlight repeatedly taunts her. Outnumbered, Stormfront flees the scene and heads straight for the woods where she spots Billy Butcher, Becca, and Ryan making a run for it.
She proceeds to choke Becca to the brink of death as Billy Butcher helplessly tries to beat her with his crowbar to no avail. Angered and horrified at the mere sight of Stormfront choking his mother to death, Ryan's heat vision is triggered, resulting in Becca being fatally injured and Stormfront being left badly burnt and mutilated from the blast, with both her legs gone, right arm sliced in half, her face partially burnt and hair burnt off. Due to the fatality of the blast, her brain is badly damaged, leaving her mumbling and reminiscing in German about her past life with her late husband, Fredrick Vought.
She is later taken to an undisclosed facility where she is being treated, imprisoned, and most likely kicked out of The Seven.
On the outside, she's very witty and outspoken. She is obsessed with social media. However, she's dedicated to protecting society from criminals and is supportive, particularly with Homelander and Starlight. She is also highly charismatic, which comes in handy for press conferences, enticing those who follow her on social media, and rallies. Furthermore, she is as outraged as the others after finding about The Deep sexually assaulting Starlight.
Her true nature however is much darker. Due to her upbringing in Nazi Germany, she fanatically believes in white supremacy who murders anyone who is not white. She had expanded her bigoted attitude towards now to not just non-whites, but to anyone who's also not a Super as shown when she murders Rebecca. She is also very hedonistic as evident when she has sex with Homelander, even once in an alley after they murdered a thief.
However, she's shown a very maternal side when she saw a woman holding her daughter at a rally they were speaking at and lament missing her own daughter who died of Alzheimer's disease shortly before she joined The Seven. When they went to see Ryan, Homelander's son with Rebecca Butcher, she reminded him to be supportive of his son's interests no matter how trivial they seem to him. Also to further prove her natural maternal instincts, after she was nearly killed by the pure Supe child, Ryan Butcher, she deliriously dwelled on her time she spent with her daughter, Chloe.
Powers and Abilities
- Electrokinesis: Stormfront has the ability to manipulate electricity and use it in combat.
- Flight: Like Homelander, Stormfront has the ability to levitate and fly. Whether this is related to her electrokinetic abilities in some way is unknown.
- Superhuman Strength: Stormfront is far stronger than normal humans and most other supers, allowing her to casually break through flesh and bones with her bare hands and overpower supers like Kimiko. Also judging by their sex scene, she might be as strong as Homelander or at least strong enough to match him.
- Superhuman Durability: Stormfront possesses greater endurance and overall resilience than normal humans, even compared to other supers, which notably allowed her to withstand Homelander's heat vision, which left her with burns on her skin that slowly began healing. That said, her durability does have limits as shown when she was nearly killed by Ryan's heat vision.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Stormfront is capable of healing from injuries at an accelerated rate, as the burns left behind when she allowed Homelander to use his heat vision on her chest that eventually healed.
- Longevity: Stormfront was born in 1919 and has not aged a day since her late husband gave her the Compound V.
- Aya Cash got the role of Stormfront because the writers believed it would help Homelander's character arc, ensuring his insecurity would be worsened by an intimidating woman rather than a man.
- Cash stated in an interview that while Homelander would dislike Stormfront's arrival regardless of her gender, he still felt "that old-fashioned attitude of not wanting to be told what to do by a woman".
- Despite being a Nazi much like her comic-book counterpart, there are still several differences between them:
- In the comics, Stormfront is a male while in the series, Stormfront is female.
- Stormfront was given powers as Compound V was injected into his mother's womb while in the series, Stormfront was the first successful adult test subject conducted by her late husband Frederick Vought during World War II.
- In the comics, Stormfront served as a Nazi Officer.
- In the series, Stormfront was heavily involved in Nazi politics alongside her husband.
- Stormfront in the comics was publically promoted by Vought as a reincarnation of a powerful Viking, presumably the thunder god Thor while in the series, that's not the case.
- Stormfront was known as Lady Liberty prior while the comic book version had no other mantle other than Stormfront.
- Despite being charming, witty, and capable of receiving and expressing love and affection to those she cares about despite being an unapologetic Nazi, Stormfront's comic book counterpart is almost the complete opposite, being devoid of love as well as always being gruff, grumpy, angry and controlling towards those around him and being more openly racist and hateful.
- In the series, Stormfront develops a twisted romance and a sexual relationship with Homelander while in the comics, they are merely acquainted with each other.
- On a side note, in the comics Stormfront's DNA is used in creating Homelander, therefore making him Stormfront's clone and indirect son while in the series, Homelander was born to an unnamed mother and given Compound V before meeting Stormfront as an adult superhero.
- The scene of Stormfront being kicked around by Starlight, Maeve, and Kimiko in the season 2 finale may be an homage to her comic book counterpart's death via the Boys and Love Sausage beating him to death.
- Additionally, everyone's sex was the opposite of the comic book, with women beating down on Stormfront as well as Stormfront herself being female in the TV series.
- In another homage, Stormfront is stabbed in the left eye by Becca shortly after her beating, similarly to her comic counterpart having his mutilated and torn out by the Female.
- Since she was born in 1919 and the second season takes place in 2020, this makes her 100 or 101 years old.
- After being mutilated by Ryan, fans started jokingly comparing her to Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader due to the similar predicament he ends in at the end of Revenge of the Sith.
- Eric Kripke said that due to Stormfront aging slowly, the best poetic ending is for her to be mutilated and live with it for possible centuries, making it a fate worse than death.