|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
T-078 is a supporting antagonist in the video game Resident Evil - Code: Veronica. It is a Tyrant created by the Umbrella Corporation, cloned from the T-103 model. T-078 was unleashed on Rockfort Island to kill Claire Redfield and Steve Burnside, but failed in its mission.
T-078 was cloned from the mass-produced T-103 Tyrant model by the Umbrella Corporation. It was stored at Umbrella's Antarctic Transport Terminal, but under the orders of Lord Alfred Ashford it was recovered by the Umbrella Security Service and HUNK and transported to Rockfort Island. Unlike other T-103s, T-078 was without a limiter coat, allowing it to experience unique mutations such as its blunted claws.
Mission and defeat
Following the sterilization of Raccoon City, Claire Redfield was captured and detained by Umbrella at their Rockfort Island facility, where she subsequently escaped with fellow prisoner Steve Burnside. In order to kill both, Alfred Ashford unleashed T-078. Claire seemingly defeated the Tyrant on the island, but it managed to climb aboard the plane she and Steve were using to escape. Claire battled the Tyrant in the cargo hold, finally defeating it by causing cargo to crash into it, sending it plummeting into the sea below.
- Superhuman strength: Like all Tyrants, T-078 possesses immense superhuman strength. It can pulverize enemies with its battering ram-like arms.
- Superhuman durability: T-078 is almost completely immune to conventional weaponry. It survived Claire's onslaught on the island and despite being knocked out, quickly recovered and grabbed onto the plane she and Steve were using to escape. It was unfazed by Claire's firepower aboard the plane, and only defeated when the cargo aboard the plane knocked it off.
- Regeneration: Supplementing T-078's durability is its regenerative healing factor, which allowed it to recover from being knocked out by Claire and continue pursuing her.
- Mutation: Whereas other T-103 Tyrants were developed with power limiters, T-078 was without one in order to observe which mutations would occur. Whereas other Tyrants typically mutated to possess a long spiked claw on one arm, T-078 developed a seemingly unique mutation: a spiked blunted arm much like a battering ram.
- Intelligence: While not possessing full human-level autonomy and intellect, the T-078 is nonetheless much more intelligent than the zombies also created by the same T-Virus. T-078 responds to commands given to it by Alfred Ashford, and deliberately and mercilessly pursues and attempts to kill Claire and Steve.