Taz the Tasmanian Devil, or simply Taz, is one of the main antagonists in the Looney Tunes franchise. He is a recurring enemy of Daffy Duck and occasionally Bugs Bunny.
- He was voiced by the late Mel Blanc from 1954 to 1983.
- He was voiced by Jeff Bergman, Noel Blanc & Maurice LaMarche in 1990.
- He is voiced by Jim Cummings from 1991.
- He was voiced by the late Greg Burson in 1992.
- He was voiced by Dee Bradley Baker in 1996.
- He was voiced by Frank Welker in 1998.
- He was voiced by Ian James Corlett from 2001 to 2006.
- He was voiced by Brendan Fraser in the 2003 movie Looney Tunes: Back in Action.
- He was voiced by the late Joe Alaskey in 2011.
He is a small brown Tasmanian Devil who used to live on the island of Tasmania, off the coast of Australia. He has fur on his head made to look like horns and several rows of sharp teeth, making him one of Bugs Bunny's more dangerous enemies.
He tends to growl, spit, and gibber rather than speak although he can talk, and travels by spinning around like a tornado. He has a seemingly endless appetite and will eat almost anything, which often leads to his defeat.
He is so popular despite his few appearances that he got his own TV series with only occasional appearances by the other Looney Tunes cast, and is one of the most recognizable characters.
In The Looney Tunes Show, Taz is a wild animal who was captured so he could be in a zoo. One of the people who captured him told the local zookeeper, Pete Puma, that if he values his life he should never ever unlock the cage. Pete agrees to this and soon after the man started driving away, Pete snatches the lock and runs after the man proclaiming that he forgot his lock. This leaves Taz to escape and he proceeds to Bugs and Daffy's house. When Bugs and Daffy go to see if he possibly belongs to Granny, Taz runs into Sylvester and Tweety and tries to eat them. They soon escape and Speedy helps Bugs train Taz to be a really better pet.
In the 2001 webtoon trilogy Planet of the Taz, his species was ruled by Dr. Zarius, a Tasmanian devil scientist.
New Looney Tunes