This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
The Banished are a Covenant splinter faction and mercenary organization serving as the main antagonistic faction of both Halo Wars 2 and Halo Infinite.
They are led by named Atriox and most of their leadership appears to be comprised of Jiralhanae. They also have several Sangheili mercenary groups working for them, and an army comprised of Unggoy, a few Mgalekgolo, a few Humans from criminal enterprises as well as human acolytes within the Keepers of the One Freedom, and a few Kig-Yar. They are extremely dangerous since not even the Covenant at the peak of their power was able to exterminate The Banished while their Covenant Forces nearly destroyed humanity in the past.
The Banished formed as a rebellion against the Covenant when Atriox led several of his Jiralhanae kin against their Sangheili commanders in the late 2540s. The Banished raided the Covenant for resources in their early years and gradually amassed power, members, and associates.
In the year 2559, the Banished set foot on the Forerunner Ark and attempted to take control of it, causing them to come into conflict with the crew of the UNSC Spirit of Fire. Decimus was killed in the battle, and the Spirit of Fire managed to take a newly created Halo ring and send it back to the Milky Way Galaxy.
In 2560, the Banished held control of Zeta Halo and fought a battle against the UNSC.
- Let 'Volir - Shipmaster
- Pavium - Warlord / Engineer
- Voridus - Engineer
- Chak 'Lok
Hand of Atriox
- Jega 'Rdomnai - Blademaster
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual, page 161 "In theory, all who can aid Atriox's ambition and will bend the knee are welcome, from human to hunter, but their violence and conditions of service limit recruitment opportunities."
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual, page 156 "Atriox is reported to have led a fleet of Banished to an unknown destination, but the chieftains he has organized and controlled continue to spread their influence and power throughout Brute colonies and even into human criminal enterprises."
- Halo: Shadows of Reach, Chapter 3 "The Keepers of the one Freedom had joined the Banished a year and a half earlier, six months before the Apparition began to transmit her demands for fealty across the stars."