This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I watched from the trees as a crack appeared at the doorway and a warm, golden light spilled forth into this desolate place. The effect was, I suspect, deliberately inviting, but the figure that emerged was anything but: its costume a hodge-podge of ringmaster, clown and other fairground attire. Its face was a nightmare in greasepaint, a caricature of a smile slashed across its flabby lips. At its waist were a collection of what looked for all the world like fingers. But what creature would be so monstrous as to collect such trophies?||„|
|~ An unknown figure on The Clown.|
|“||You want to play one last game? Okay, Moustache... let's play.||„|
|~ The Clown to the victim who reminded him of his father.|
Kenneth Chase, also known as Jeffrey Hawk or The Clown, is one of the playable killers in Dead by Daylight.
He is voiced by Sébastien Duval.
Kenneth Chase was born in 1932, with his mother dying in childbirth being the cause for his father to grow distant towards him. This, combined with his lack of much success in school and him not joining any sport group offering him to join, made him strange and possibly influenced his habits. Kenneth did one hobby, however, as he collected feathers he found on his way home for school, being mesmerized by the texture and unity of them. Longing to feel how soft a bird is, he rigged a trap in his bird feeder to touch one himself. However, as he held the knocked out bird in his hand, a murderous urge came over him and he killed the creature, keeping a feather from it. As he grew, Kenneth escalated his prey to larger animals such as dogs and raccoons as he worked as a busboy.
Once a man went missing (assumingly killed by Kenneth) and Kenneth's father discovered his box of feathers, paws, and a finger, Kenneth ran off to join the circus, adopting the name Jeffery Hawk to disguise himself. Adopting a charming façade, The Clown travelled around the circus and experimented with various vices, such as alcohol, junk food, and drugs. However, he eventually got into his habits of murder again, fashioning disguises to lure in victims to torture and kill them. He would always keep a finger from their bodies when it was all said and done. Eventually, a victim escaped as his sadistic habits were found out. He escaped, then tagging along with circuses and carnivals in his guise as another clown looking for victims.
Eventually, he vanished into The Entity's realm and stayed there, at home in the nightmarish place.
Powers and Abilities
- Chemistry: Kenneth is an adept chemist with efficient knowledge of anesthetics, muscle relaxants, and other chemicals. He created the Afterpiece Tonic, which causes adverse effects including sluggish movement, blurred vision, and burning lungs.
- Athlete: Though not shown to be the most physically fit, he does display surprising strength and speed.
- The Clown represents the monster clown type of the horror genre.
- Developers formerly said that, due to coulrophobia, a clown killer will never be released. This was proved wrong with The Clown.
- The Clown is the second tallest killer after Michael Myers.
- Despite his large weight, The Clown can walk as fast as the normal killers, unlike The Nurse, The Hag, and Michael Myers.
- The Clown's horse is named Maurice, and was with The Clown before he was recruited by The Entity.
- The Clown in the Pure Evil Wiki