|“||Well, if it isn't the Kids Next Door. Have you arrived to abscond with our birthday cake like you do every year?||„|
|~ The Delightful Children from Down the Lane.|
|“||Well, well, well. Now what we've established whom can kick whom in the posterior, let's turn the Kids Next Door, into the KIDS NO MORE!||„|
|~ The Delightful Children from Down the Lane.|
The Delightful Children From Down The Lane are the central antagonists in the Cartoon Network series, Codename: Kids Next Door.
They are a group of brainwashed sophisticated children who plan on taking down the Kids Next Door organization using their advanced technology and an endless supply of wealth. They work for the series main antagonist, Father.
All five of the Delightful Children have differing appearances, but they all have similar attire and they all have light-blue eyes. The boys–Bruce, David, and Lenny–wear blue button-up coats with a grey shield-like design on each of them, white undershirts, red ties, blue shorts, blue tube socks, and brown shoes. The girls of the group–Constance and the unnamed blond girl–wear short-sleeve white dresses with light-blade stripes that go across their waist as well as their sleeves, a light-blue scarf around their neck, pink tube socks, pick undergarments, and white buckle-on shoes.
Bruce - Bruce has blond hair and caucasian skin. He is the second shortest of the five.
Davide - David has darkish-blond hair that covers his eyes and caucasian skin. He is the tallest and most slender of the five.
Unnamed Girl - The unnamed girl has long blond hair and caucasian skin. She is the third tallest of the five. She wears a pink bow that sits at the top of her hair.
Constance - Constance has light-brown skin and brown hair. She is the shortest of the five. She wears glasses and her hair is braided with red hair-ties holding them in place. Her braids stand straight up.
Lenny - Lenny has light-brown skin with brown hair. He is the second-tallest of the five. Unlike the rest of the guys, Lenny wears a red football helmet with a white stripe that goes across the middle. When he takes it off, he is wearing braces.
After having been "Delightfulized", Father said that they had been made into "five perfect delightful children". While still maintained some of the traits they had before they were Delightfulized, in particular their coordinance and their knowledge of their advanced technology, they seem to have all recollection of their lives as Kids Next Door operatives. The Delightfulization resulted in the five of them becoming perfectly synchronized both physically and mentally, as they all behave in the ideal perfect manor. This also resulted in their love for adult-tyranny and their obedience towards adult authority. Their good good qualities do not appear when they interact with their fellow children, as they do not respect anyone except those whom are older than them. An example of this is their refusal to share their cake with any of the children that they "invite" to their birthday parties, tying them down so they can watch the Delightful Children eat their cake. They also have no problem with stealing and even attempting to murder other children as seen on several occasions.
Most of the Delightful Children's time is spend using their advanced technology to try and take down the Kids Next Door. Having been assigned this task by their father, they are very dedicated in trying to bring down their entire operation by any means necessary. Although they are defeated time-and-time again, they refuse to give up the fight until the Kids Next Door have been defeated once and for all. On occasions where they either had to call upon the Kids Next Door for help or work with the Kids Next Door to defeat a common enemy, they would immediately follow up by betraying them, demonstrating how their hatred for the Kids Next Door is greater than anything else.
Having a lot of respect for adults, the children have a keen desire to be adults themselves, as seen when they remarked how getting older is moving closer to the glorious years of adulthood. However; they do disrespect some adults, especially those that work for them (including their butler and the Ice Cream Men). Their desire for adulthood extends further to their want for others to grow up as well, as seen in the episode "F.O.U.N.T.A.I.N.", when they tried to destroy the Fountain of Youth so that no child could be young forever.
When speaking, they Delightful Children display a few different mannerisms that resulted form their Delightfulization, among the most obvious of these being their tendency to speak at the exact same time. The Delightful Children tend use "I" or "we" when referring to themselves. When meeting with the Kids Next Door, they often being their dialogue with "well, well, well..." and then proceed to mock them in a clever and/or sarcastic fashion.
Powers & Abilities
Perfect Synchronization - The Delightful children do everything in perfect synchronization. Often, they do not participate in physical combat, instead using giant robots which can be operated by one individual child at a time. They do have the ability to break this mentality, as seen in the episode "Operation: U.N.D.E.R.C.O.V.E.R.".
Advanced Technology - Instead of using physical combat, the children will often use a giant killer-robot to fight the Kids Next Door, supplied to them by Father. These range from giant robots to laser guns.
- The Delightful Children celebrate their birthday five times a year, as they are technically five people. Each time, they prepare a delicious cake which they intend to eat it without sharing with any other kids and force their "guests" to watch as they do so. Sector V personally attempts to stop them from eating their cake at all costs whenever they celebrate their birthday, which occurs six times throughout the series and composes a recurring storyline, throughout which this simplistic scenario is repeated with several variations and exaggerated to absurd lengths.
- In "Operation: F.O.U.N.T.A.I.N.", it was revealed that the Delightful Children were responsible for making Numbuh 1 bald, which was done in such a way that his hair would never grow back. This occurred shortly before he joined the KND, and is never shown and only briefly mentioned, leaving the circumstances of the incident up to the imagination of the viewer.
- Several different groups of characters parodying The Delightful From Down The Lane. These include the twin spies known as The Interesting Twins From Beneath The Mountain, the synchronized team of cats known as The Sinister Felines From Atop the Litterbox, The Delightful Children's ancestors known as The Annoyingly Cute Triplets Who Lived Upon the Hill, The Delightful Children's negative counterparts known as the The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense, and Sector E's enemies known as The Rowdy Hooligans From Across The Square.
- David’s eyes have shown to be black in 2 episodes ("Operation: C.A.K.E.D-T.W.O" and "Operation: B.U.T.T"), but sky blue in the rest.
- In "Operation R.E.P.O.R.T.", Numbuh 4's story's iteration of the Delightful Children was a direct parody of Frieza from Dragon Ball Z.
- The Delightful Children From Down The Lane are the most reoccurring antagonists in both the Kids Next Door cartoon series and all Kids Next Door official comic series. They are also the most recurring characters in the series other than Sector V.
Monsters & Robots
Groups & Organizations