This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I have difficulty keeping my sanity. Each day, this altering world provides me with new trials. A man wearing the robes of a doctor crossed my path. From afar, I witness him walking around, searching. But he was not... normal. Eyes and mouth pried open, in a painful and disturbing way. Where do these fiends stem from? I do not trust him, he looks like he wants to bring pain, not healing? I will stay away, it is the wisest thing to do.||„|
|~ A unknown figure on The Doctor.|
|“||It's time for your treatment!||„|
|~ The description of Monitor & Abuse, said by The Doctor.|
Herman Carter, better known as The Doctor, is one of the playable killers in Dead by Daylight. He was once a neuroscientist recruited by the CIA to torture prisoners till his desire for knowledge and power over others drove him to perform maliciously unethical experiments on everyone.
He is voiced by Alex Lin.
Herman Carter started off as a normal man with an obsession of the human psyche to deconstruct something as powerful as the human brain. He was a star pupil among his teachers, good in high school, and was published in a psychological gazette. Even here and at Yale's neuroscience program (a front for the CIA), Herman was a vicious figure, nightmarishly torturing his fellow classmates for an experiment on interrogation to gain data. After manipulating the other leader to kill the other subjects, the staff at the medical school were so impressed that they recommended him to the CIA.
At Léry's Memorial Institute, he became the one who interrogated anyone and under his mentor Otto Stamper got the tools he needed and gained the knowledge he needed because after all... knowledge is power. Stamper encouraged Carter's inhumane methods onto prisoners but Carter eventually snapped and killed or left everyone in a broken vegetative state in Léry's, including his mentor due to his obsession with mind control. The horrified government condemned the building and redacted the information on it, with info on it likely staying so forever.
As the Doctor, he later became one of The Entity's servants and granted him electrical powers which he uses to his kill and induce madness on his prey.
Tome II: Reckoning explores The Doctor's twisted pursuit of science. As a youth, he once transplanted a mouse brain into a rabbit and got into fights with his parents after performing song looping experiments on them.
Carter and his lab partners from Yale University began a group experiment on the good-doctor-bad-doctor interrogation at an old farmhouse, where he plays the Bad Doctor and the other plays the Good Doctor. Seeing as to how his lab partners were unfazed by typical mundane interrogation techniques, he took matters into his own hands by brutally torturing the Good Doctor classmate, brainwashing him into believing the other classmates are the Russian spies, which led to the Good Doctor murdering the other seven classmates with a spoon. Herman attempted to trick Blanchard into dismissing the incident as the Good Doctor student losing his mind, but Blanchard, upon looking at Carter's bloody handiwork, stated that entire interrogation was taped. It was revealed that the project was actually used by the CIA to find an individual with the potential to go to worse lengths to gather knowledge. Herman was recruited by the CIA as a lead scientist in Project MKAwakening.
Powers and Abilities
- Scientific Genius: Carter is a gifted scientist in the fields of neuroscience and psychology. One of the earliest examples of his scientific prowess occured when he single-handedly implanted a mouse brain into a rabbit at a very young age.
- Manipulation: Carter's twisted in-depth knowledge of psychology have allowed him to become an uncannily effective manipulator, as demonstrated during the Yale University experiment, where he has managed to break a classmate's mind to the point where he was brainwashed into killing his lab partners with a spoon.
- Electrokinesis: He can send a shockwave of electrical energy that renders his victims insane.
- Torture Expertise: A sinister user of torture methods and devices.
- The Doctor represents the mad doctor or deadly doctor of the horror genre.
- The Doctor seems to be inspired by Yang Yongxin, a controversial Chinese psychiatrist who used electroconvulsive therapy without anesthetics or relaxants on internet addicts to "cure" them of their addiction.
- The Doctor was originally supposed to be Chinese with the name "Mu Yi", but the idea was scrapped and the developers went with the current depiction.
- The Doctor was the first Killer to be given a nickname/primary alias before coming to the Entity's Realm beside the menu showing it as an official name, with the second one being The Huntress. He was nicknamed "The Doctor" by the CIA for his twisted knowledge in torture.