|This villain was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being heinous enough or lacks what is necessary to be a Pure Evil villain. Therefore, this villain shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed villains rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same evil-doer. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PE villains.|
Any act of adding this villain to the Pure Evil category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this villain without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||This thing, that I dubbed The Entity, is evil in its purest form. I find it hard to spot, but I can hear the cracking sound this loathsome thing emanates. Like a deity, it surrounds the area, closing in on me as its Killers hunt me. It does not seem to be dangerous in itself. Not until you are caught and the Killer hangs you from one of the abhorrent Hooks. I have ended up there over and over and every time I yearn for both release as well as escape. Pain melts with fear in a most horrid way. Yet I return to it, more or less every night. Once on the Hook, The Entity takes over, pulling one upwards to something else.||„|
|~ Benedict Baker on The Entity.|
|“||Catch meat. Sacrifice meat. Appease The Entity.||„|
|~ The Voices|
The Entity is the main antagonist of Dead by Daylight.
It is an ancient, otherworldy creature responsible for plucking the Survivors and the Killers from their respective worlds and bringing them into its realm, forcing them to play its sadistic game for all eternity so it can feed off of their emotions.
The Entity is the almighty, malevolent being that created the Realms of the Trial Grounds in which both the Killers and Survivors are trapped for all eternity.
Not much is known about The Entity, and it is rarely seen, except for when it manifests to claim its sacrificed Survivors. Some Survivors claim to have caught a glimpse of it in the deep, dark fog beyond the trial walls, however, it was most likely just their eyes playing tricks on them. The task of each individual Killer is to seek out and sacrifice the four Survivors the Entity places in each realm for them by hanging them onto the hooks that the Entity provides so it can feed off of the Survivor's terror and the Killer's bloodlust. To ensure that the Survivor's don't fall into despair too quickly, as Survivors who have given into despair provide neither entertainment nor nourishment, the Entity gives them the chance to escape these trials without being sacrificed by working together and outsmarting the Killer. However, while the Survivors are able to escape the trials, they can never escape the Entity's grasp and will always find themselves back at the campfire where they first woke up, always waiting for the next trial to begin.
Even after being killed or sacrificed the Entity will always resurrect the dead Survivor and returns them to the campfire to prepare for the next trial. With each sacrifice, more and more of the Survivor's soul is lost until they become empty shells devoid of hope and emotion. When a Survivor reaches this stage, they cease to be useful to the Entity and are discarded into a sub-realm called "the Void", essentially the Entity's own personal graveyard.
More recent updates introduced the so-called "endgame collapse". If the Killer fails to kill all Survivors before the exit gates are opened, then the Entity will grow dissatisfied and eventually kills all survivors remaining in the respective realms itself. The Entity will be displeased with a Killer who has failed their task, but it is unknown if repeated failures have lasting consequences for them.
Powers and Abilities
- Chronokinesis: The Entity can preserve its champions in time. The 2 biggest examples of this are 2 of the Killers, the Huntress (Anna), & the Plague (Adiris), as the Huntress was taken from the end of World War 1 (1918), while the Plague came from the Babylonian Era (1792-539 BC). It can also bring victims back to the campfire as if nothing ever happened to them. The realm seems to be in a temporal lock. In Adam Francis's backstory, the Entity seems to hold victims within time. This seems to be an insurance trap in case a victim manages to escape the realm. Meaning the victim may have to choose between death itself or eternal torture.
- Dimensional Travel: The crash site in Kate Denson's backstory implies that The Entity is not native to earth and may have come from another dimension entirely. It can also bring Killers from other universes, such as Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, Leatherface, Danny Johnson, Amanda Young , and the Demogorgon.
- Immortality/Longevity: The Entity appears to have been around for an extremely long time, implying that it is immortal. However, the idea that the Entity requires feeding from the Killers sacrificing Survivors, suggests that the Entity can starve to death, but is a feat that requires both tremendous skill and time.
- Invulnerability: The Entity doesn't have any known weaknesses as it was unharmed by Kate Denson's attempts to escape.
- Mind Control: The Entity can influence the Killers by instilling them with an instinct to hunt for survivors and with a dread towards failing it. The Entity also exploits the psychopathy and bloodlust of the Killers. For victims of the Entity, it can erase their memories such as how they ended up in the realm in the first place.
- Necromancy: The Entity can bring Survivors back from the dead after it eats their souls making it have an endless source of food. Its presumed that the Entity can also bring Killers back to life as well, such as Amanda Young.
- Power Bestowal: The Entity can grant powers to certain Killers such as the Wraith and the Nurse. It also enhances the Killer's senses as they can track Survivors from far distances.
- Psionics: The Entity feeds itself on the souls of its victims. It can destroy the Survivor's physical body and drag the soul to its maw. As shown with Adam Francis' backstory, the Entity can abduct victims right before death or just after.
- Reality Warping: The Entity can create its own realm and bends its rules however it likes. As it can change the arena from a farm to a hospital.
- Telepathy: The Entity constructs its areas around the memories of its champions. However, the constructions are imperfect, as the Killers receive a sense of recognition or familiarity, but it still feels different to them.
- Teleportation: The Entity can teleport itself between Earth and its own realm. It can also teleport prey and champions to its realm. The Entity also seems to be able to only teleport one person at a time. Maurice the Horse was severely burned while it was transporting the Clown into the realm. The Legion also seems to be moulded together since they are regarded by collective nouns and speak with the same pronouns (we). Joey, Julie and Susie were not invited by The Entity and they only followed Frank's trail in order to find him.
- The Trapper (Evan MacMillan)
- The Wraith (Philip Ojomo)
- The Hillbilly (Max Thompson Jr.)
- The Nurse (Sally Smithson)
- The Shape (Michael Myers)
- The Hag (Lisa Sherwood)
- The Doctor (Herman Carter)
- The Huntress (Anna)
- The Cannibal (Leatherface)
- The Nightmare (Freddy Krueger)
- The Pig (Amanda Young)
- The Clown (Kenneth Chase)
- The Spirit (Rin Yamaoka)
- The Legion (Frank Morrison, Julie Kostenko, Susie and Joey)
- The Plague (Adiris)
- The Ghost Face (Danny Johnson)
- The Demogorgon
- The Oni (Kazan Yamaoka)
- The Deathslinger (Caleb Quinn)
- The Executioner (Pyramid Head)
- The Blight (Talbot Grimes)
- The Twins (Charlotte and Victor Deshayes)
- The Entity is part of everything which manifests itself in its Realms, except for the Characters. Since Auric Cells are known to be the building blocks of these Realms, it can be assumed that The Entity, at its core, is made from them as well.
- The Entity was referred to as an "Emotion Vampire" by the Developers, when asked about how it sustains itself.
- The Entity is often designated as of female gender.
- This is due to the French language, the mother tongue of most of the Developers, neither possessing a gender-neutral pronoun nor a grammatical neuter.
- The Entity's original French name, "L(a)' Entité" is a feminine noun and the Developers have been known to refer to The Entity with feminine pronouns in English as well.
- Towards the beginning of the Entity's parasitic relationship with the real world, there may have been some trial and error, namely with the existence of Trials and their emphasis on Generators and other in-game objects.
- The developers have noted that it is very possible that the first Killer was not a success, and promptly thrown into the Void.
- It is possible that due its hypothesized biology, The Entity is a plant-like organism, part of the plant kingdom in taxonomy. This stems from the fact that once a year, The Entity is affected by blight, a symptom commonly found in plants affected by a pathogenic organism.