|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
The Fixer is a supporting antagonist that Niko Bellic can work for in Grand Theft Auto IV.
The Fixer was born in Texas in 1947 and moved to Liberty City sometime before 1967, having been arrested for dodging his Vietnam war draft. In 1982, he was arrested again for being in possession of stolen property.
Grand Theft Auto IV
Niko Bellic is "introduced" to The Fixer through Jimmy Pegorino's associate, Phil Bell. The Fixer is never seen, preferring to speak with Niko over a payphone since their calls cannot be traced. He gives Niko a set of nine missions that are in a randomized order, but all proceed as followed.
Niko is tasked with going to a boat anchored in a canal between Tudor and Acter and kill someone on said boat. The player can either blow up the boat with an RPG or snipe the target with a rifle.
Niko is to go to Alderney city and deal with a group of either The Lost or Northwood Dominican drug dealers in a patriot. If the player is fast enough, they can blow up the SUV with a rocket launcher as they leave an alley or block their path with a car and shoot out the window at them.
The target this time is attempting to leave the city in a helicopter parked in Alderney City, above the Booth Tunnel. The player can easily blow up the helicopter as the target is getting inside or, if the target survives the helicopter exploding, chase the target down when they get into a cognoscenti.
There are three targets this time, all lured within an old building in Alderney city. Niko is to climb the many levels of the old building, taking out their bodyguards until he kills them one by one, then escape before the LCPD arrive.
Bailing Out For Good
This target is leaving the police station in Leftwood, having payed their bail to not stay in jail or go to prison. This mission can be difficult due to many police officer's in the area, but as long as the player stays in their vehicle, they should be fine.
Hook, Line, and Sinker
Niko has to go to the northern mount in the west river, where after parking at the beach, he gets on a nearby boat to chase down the target and their accomplice, or snipe them without getting too close so they don't drive off.
Again targeting The Lost MC, Niko has to go to Acter Industrial Park where they're having a drug deal and kill everyone at the meeting. The LCPD can actually help in this mission since if you attack them after blowing many of them up with a grenade or an RPG, The Lost will also shoot at nearby cops and can be killed by them.
At the refinery in the Acter Industrial Park, Niko must take out three men and all of their bodyguards. The player can either use a sniper rifle to safely pick them off one by one or go into the refinery and gun them all down. The player can also shoots fuel pipes the targets take cover against to set them on fire.
This is the only mission that has an optional bonus for Niko, that being a duffel bag filled with $10K for the drug deal that was supposed to go down.
The target is in a convoy in Alderney, consisting of two SUV's and a limousine. The three cars will always try and stick together, so it's rather easy to drive up beside the target and kill them in a drive by.
Once Niko is finished with all the targets The Fixer has for him, he thanks Niko for "clearing a lot of files from his desk" and wishes he'll live long enough to reach retirement, which most people in organized crime don't get to do. He tells Niko goodbye and he's never heard from again.
- Strangely, despite having been arrested twice, there is no mugshot of The Fixer. According to his record though, he's 6ft tall.
- He's the only person in GTA IV that directly asks Niko to kill women and successfully gets him to do so. During the mission "Water Hazard", Niko's target will sometimes be a woman standing behind a man on a boat, likely somehow knowing each other.
- The Fixer shares many similarities with another unseen Rockstar villain, Mr. Nasty. The both of them talk in a similar way (albeit The Fixer has no voice modifier) by never being impolite and always remaining calm, even if you fail a mission. He sends you on non-descript missions to kill specific people and he could easily use the city's security cameras to make snuff films that Liberty City's underworld would clearly enjoy. While he does treat all his missions like regular jobs, you can tell he gets some kind of pleasure in it by his tone of voice, and you never see him in person, much like Mr. Nasty. He also already knows who Niko Bellic is before he's even introduced himself, including his name and that he's after a lot of money, likely having been spying on him due to his reputation and being able to profit from Niko's crimes.
- In total, Niko Bellic earns $37,000 for working with The Fixer, $47,000 if he picks up the duffel bag during "Industrial Action".
- The Fixer - Grand Theft Auto Wiki