|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||A figure clad in the head of a hare. A most disturbing sight. This new foe holds something human within her. Some shards of ordinary life. She seems to be a hunter. I have met many different beings in this place, but this is the first one with a natural skill of hunting. In any other place, one could deem it a talent. But her knack for tracking, capturing and killing is something else here. There is something else in here too, she seems to seek something.||„|
|~ A unknown figure on The Huntress.|
Anna, better known as The Huntress, is one of the playable killers in Dead by Daylight.
She is voiced by Amélie Leguiader.
Anna originally lived with her mother deep within the woods, being taught by her how to survive in the woods and hunt. One day, however, Anna's mother was killed by an elk the two planned to eat to survive the winter. After this, Anna survived on her own in the wild, becoming one with the wilderness around her and becoming more animal than human. After growing bored with even the more dangerous hunts in the forest, she changed her tactics to hunt anyone unlucky to bump into her. However, if the humans were little girls, she tried to take care of them herself, only for them to often waste away by her own failure to care for them properly. The repeated sorrows of seeing her "children" perish caused her to raid villages to kill families only to kidnap their young daughters to care for, causing people to label her as a cannibal. Eventually, war caused those living in the villages near the forest to disappear, and even then, soldiers can still be found slaughtered by The Huntress.
After the war died down and the rumors on her stopped being told, she later was recruited by The Entity to hunt down survivors.
Powers and Abilities
- Tactical Analysis: Regardless of lacking social intelligence, Anna is a brilliant strategist when it comes to hunting. She surprisingly managed to take on Russian and German cavalries all on her own.
- Hunting/Tracking: Anna is a natural-born hunter who knows exactly when to strike. Her prey ranged from small to larger animals such as squirrels, foxes, wolves, and bears.
- Throwing: She is a master marksman and possesses great aim with her hatchets.
- Weaponry: Anna is known to be a ferocious user of her axe and hatchets.
- Intimidation: Huntress garnered a reputation of being a terrifying hunter of the wilderness.
- Singing: She has a knack for singing lullabies from her childhood. Her favorite, the one she uses to scare her prey, Bayushki Bayu, eventually became her obsession when her mother died while humming it.
- Mental Illness: Due to growing up in an isolating wilderness all alone, Anna's mind hasn’t developed fully to that of a grown adult. She throws temper tantrums in a very childish manner, lacks knowledge of how to properly care for children, and eats in an animalistic manner.
- The Huntress represents the "skilled hunter" type killer genre. The one who doesn't appear smart at first, but is quickly revealed to be hunting people with just as much skill and persistence as a normal human being.
- The Huntress was the first Killer in Dead by Daylight to have a ranged attack. The other three Killers to have an attack like this come after her, being The Clown, The Plague and The Deathslinger.
- The Huntress was the first "tall" female Killer, with the second one being The Plague.