|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||A figure clad in the head of a hare. A most disturbing sight. This new foe holds something human within her. Some shards of ordinary life. She seems to be a hunter. I have met many different beings in this place, but this is the first one with a natural skill of hunting. In any other place, one could deem it a talent. But her knack for tracking, capturing and killing is something else here. There is something else in here too, she seems to seek something.||„|
|~ A unknown figure on The Huntress.|
Anna, better known as The Huntress, is one of the playable killers in Dead by Daylight. She is an orphaned hunter who went mad after losing her mother at a very young age, becoming a monstrous cannibal of the forest.
She is voiced by Amélie Leguiader.
Anna originally lived with her mother deep within the woods, being taught by her how to survive in the woods and hunt. One day, however, Anna's mother was killed by an elk the two planned to eat to survive the winter. After this, Anna survived on her own in the wild, becoming one with the wilderness around her and becoming more animal than human. After growing bored with even the more dangerous hunts in the forest, she changed her tactics to hunt anyone unlucky to bump into her. However, if the humans were little girls, she tried to take care of them herself, only for them to often waste away by her own failure to care for them properly. The repeated sorrows of seeing her "children" perish caused her to raid villages to kill families only to kidnap their young daughters to care for, causing people to label her as a cannibal. Eventually, war caused those living in the villages near the forest to disappear, and even then, soldiers can still be found slaughtered by The Huntress.
After the war died down and the rumors on her stopped being told, she later was recruited by The Entity to hunt down survivors.
Powers and Abilities
- Tactical Analysis: Regardless of lacking social intelligence, Anna is a brilliant strategist when it comes to hunting. She surprisingly managed to take on Russian and German cavalries all on her own.
- Hunting/Tracking: Anna is a natural-born hunter who knows exactly when to strike. Her prey ranged from small to larger animals such as squirrels, foxes, wolves, and bears.
- Throwing: She is a master marksman and possesses great aim with her hatchets.
- Weaponry: Anna is known to be a ferocious user of her axe and hatchets.
- Intimidation: Huntress garnered a reputation of being a terrifying hunter of the wilderness.
- Singing: She has a knack for singing lullabies from her childhood. Her favorite, the one she uses to scare her prey, Bayushki Bayu, eventually became her obsession when her mother died while humming it.
- Peak Human Agility and Strength: Training herself over the years to peak human level, Anna can outmaneuver her enemies with surprising speed. Her strength is demonstrated by brutal slaughter of animals and soldiers via weapons and bare hands.
- Mental Illness: While it is not something confirmed, it is possible that due to growing up in an isolating wilderness all alone, Anna's mind hasn't developed fully to that of a grown adult. Evidence for this including her throwing temper tantrums in a very childish manner, lacking knowledge of how to properly care for children, and her eating in an animalistic manner.
- The Huntress represents the "skilled hunter" type killer genre. The one who doesn't appear smart at first, but is quickly revealed to be hunting people with just as much skill and persistence as a normal human being.
- The Huntress was the first Killer in Dead by Daylight to have a ranged attack. The other four Killers to have an attack like this come after her, being The Clown, The Plague, The Deathslinger, and The Trickster.
- The Huntress was the first "tall" female Killer, with the second one being The Plague.
- The lullaby she hums is a real Russian song called Bayushki Bayu (баюшки баю), which warns children not to sleep close to the edge of their bed or else a wolf will snatch them.
- She was defined by the soldiers as a "Bodark," a type of werewolf from Russian and Slavic folklore that is said to have gained the shapeshifting ability out of their own will through a ritual, and is not affected by the lunar cycle. These lycanthropes are known to be even deadlier than other werewolves due to having full control over their actions.
- Another type of Russian lycanthrope is the "Volkolak," a shapeshifter like the Bodark but turns into both a wolf and a bear.
- Her pitch-black eyes are a likely hint that she is a Bodark.