|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
The Monkeys are a minor antagonistic gang in the controversial 2003 stealth/horror video game Manhunt.
It's currently unknown as to who voiced them.
A group of madmen, The Monkeys dress in monkey suits while mimicking the sounds they make. They operate in the Carcer City Zoo, ambushing everyone who isn't one of them. The Monkeys are said to be extremely aggressive when their banana reserves run dry.
After the events of Manhunt, it's unknown completely as to what happened to The Monkeys. It's possible that they were all eventually arrested for their murders and sent to an insane asylum, maybe even sent to Dixmore Asylum under the care of the Asylum Orderlies along with the Dixmor Inmates and The Legion.
Powers and Abilities
The Monkeys prefer to use sawn-off shotguns and machetes to attack any and all unfortunate people who enter their territory. Strange, since they believe they're actually monkeys and they somehow know how to use and reload firearms, though it's possible they learned how to use them before they all went insane and are able to do so on instincts.
- Dixmor Inmates (possibly)
- The Legion (possibly)
- Daniel Lamb (possibly)
- The Monkeys are the only group in the game that doesn't speak at all.
- There is a hidden Monkey near the end of the bonus level which can be only be reached by the trainer.
- Even though they only ever appear in one mission in the game, an optional one at that, there are more members of The Monkeys (38 of them in total) than the S.W.A.T (20) and The Hoods (30) despite a former member of them, Mr. Nasty, being on the front cover of the game's cover.
- At the beginning of the mission "Doing Time", Lionel Starkweather says the phrase "Monkey see, monkey kill". According to unused text, Cash was originally supposed to kill a Smiley wearing a monkey suit and wear it for himself. If Cash were to be spotted at any point, one of the lines Starkweather would've said was the "Monkey see, monkey kill" line but it was cut and the developers simply reused the line as an insult to Cash from Starkweather.
- The Monkeys on the Manhunt Wiki