|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||A new varmint has entered the arena. I spotted her as she, somehow, moved through a wall. Clad in bandages that tell an untold tale of something horrid. This...nurse as it seems, brings me new angst during my lonely nights, as my mind runs amok.||„|
|~ Benedict Baker on The Nurse.|
Sally Smithson, better known as The Nurse, is one of the playable killers in the horror game Dead by Daylight. She was once an innocent nurse that worked at an asylum only to end up insane.
She was voiced by Anais Renevey.
Sally Smithson originally lived with her husband, a lumberjack named Andrew. After his death on the job, Sally accepted a job doing the night shift at the Crotus Prenn Asylum. Despite this helping her stay afloat, the job only offered years of abuse carried out by the people there while also seeing nightmarish sights. Eventually, she snapped, killing fifty patients and four staff members. Having gone insane herself, she was originally planned to be transferred to a hospital, but the ambulance used as transport crashed. Everyone inside were dead, with The Nurse vanishing. She later worked for The Entity, killing Survivors for it.
Powers and Abilities
- Teleportation: The Nurse has the ability of Spencer's Last Breath, allowing her to pierce through the Spirit World in order to teleport (or "blink") over distances and thus ignore any of the environmental defenses Survivors have. However, the Nurse suffers great pain with every blink and will enter a brief state of fatigue after using her power. Another one of her weaknesses is Lightburn, a technique that burns certain killers by shining a flashlight directly onto it, stunning them--a technique that only works on The Nurse and The Wraith.
- Bonesaw Wielding: The Bonesaw is her weapon, a rusty weapon for tearing through flesh and bone. Using it, she teleports, slashes, carries victims, and hooks them for sacrifice to The Entity.
- The Nurse's Memento Mori has her flipping the survivor onto their back, mounting their chest and savagely strangling them to death. Once done, she tenderly strokes their face before standing up.
- According to Dave Richard, she and The Wraith have "something going on".
- The Nurse was the first DLC Killer to be released in Dead by Daylight.
- The Nurse is the first female killer released in Dead by Daylight.