|“||You're a rude punk, and, like most of your kind, you're very, very dumb.||„|
|~ Robin to Axel Walker|
|“||James Jesse. It's a name you'll never forget. Because I'm the greatest con man to ever live.||„|
|~ James Jesse|
The Trickster is a pseudonym used by three supervillain in the DC Universe.
The first was an enemy of Blackhawks known as Marlo the Magnificient, the second is James Jesse, a member of the Secret Society of Super-Villains and the third is Axel Walker, a member of the Rogues.
An unknown man (known Marlo the Magnificient) was an enemy of the Blackhawks. He first appeared in Blackhawk #154 (November, 1960) and was created by Dick Dillin.
James Montgomery Jesse (born Giovanni Giuseppe) is a member of the Rogues and enemy of The Flash. A former circus acrobat, Jesse commits crimes using practical joke-based weapons and gadgets. He has also been a member of the FBI and the Secret Society of Super-Villains. While Jesse went to work for the government, a teenage hoodlum named Axel Walker succeeded him as the Trickster. Jesse was killed during the Countdown to Final Crisis. In DC Rebirth he is alive. He first appeared in The Flash #113 (July, 1960) and was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino.
Axel Walker is a member of the Rogues and enemy of The Flash who commits crimes using dangerous gadgets themed after practical joke elements. His most notable invention is a pair of shoes that allow him to walk on the air itself. Walker is actually the second person to don the mantle of the Trickster, taking it up after the original, James Jesse, joined the FBI. He first appeared in The Flash Vol 2 #183 (April, 2002) and was created by Geoff Johns and Scott Kolins.
Powers and Abilities
The Trickster has the ability to hover due to the special shoes he created. The ability has made him hard to catch by his foes. He also has a large assortment of prank-based gadgetry at his disposal.
In other media
- In Justice League Unlimited the episode "Flash and Substance", Trickster appears as a member of the Rouges. He conspires with his other Flash villains about killing Flash however his massive complicated ideas do not impress them. When the other villains go off to ambush Flash he doesn't join them and goes to a bar to sulk. When Batman, Flash, and Orion go to interrogate him at first he tries to kill them and not tell them anything. However, Flash convinces him to tell. It is revealed that he has to take a certain medicine and not wear his costume and isn't really that bad. His actor is Mark Hamill who is famous for playing him in
- James Jesse appeared in Justice League Action episode "Missing the Mark", voiced again by * Axel Walker appeared in the Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom, voiced by Mark Hamill.
- James Jesse appeared in The Flash (1990–1991 TV Series) played by Mark Hamill.
- Both James Jesse (portrayed by Mark Hamill) and Axel Walker (portrayed by Devon Graye) appeared in The Flash (2014– TV Series).
Video Game Appearances
- James Jesse appeared in the 1991 The Flash video game.
- James Jesse version appeared in DC Universe Online, voiced by Paul Wensley.
- Axel Walker appeared as a playable character in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, voiced by Troy Baker.
- Axel Walker appears as a playable character in Lego DC Super-Villains, voiced by Mark Hamill.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found