|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||We fascists are the only true anarchists, naturally, once we're masters of the state. In fact, the one true anarchy is that of power.||„|
|~ The Duke expressing the truth their group contains.|
The Ultimate Depravity, more centrally focused on Facist Four, are the main antagonistic group of Marquis de Sade's infamous 1785 erotic horror-satire novel The 120 Days of Sodom and the 1975 Italian film adaption Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom, the latter directed by the late Pier Paolo Pasolini.
The four central wealthy, corrupt Italian libertines in the time of the fascist Republic of Salò (1943–1945). The libertines kidnap 18 teenagers and subject them to four months of extreme violence, sadism, and sexual and psychological torture with hired help in the form of guards/collaborators, prostitutes, studs/cockmongers, and a pianist to perform music, collaborate, and share sexual stories during the horrid acts the group all commit.
In 1945, in the Fascist Republic of Italy during the last few months prior to the end of World War II, four wealthy, sadistic, and perverted men of power, The Duke, The Bishop, The Magistrate, and President Curval agree to marry a daughter of another. The Duke and Bishop are brothers.
In a nearby village, The fascists enlist and pay off armed Nazi officers to recruit four young men/teenagers to serve as guards for the upcoming atrocities and enlist four male soldiers who are selected due to their large dicks.
A group of teenage boys and girls are brought upon the four who examine the teenagers to decide who is worthy to be picked. They select nine girls and nine boys and take them to a secluded palace in the countryside of Mazabotto where they are accompanied by three middle aged prostitutes to tell sick and nasty stories to sexually excite the four libertines.
The libertines have kidnapped the 18 teenagers and subject them to four months of extreme violence, sadism, and sexual and psychological torture equaling out to roughly 120 days of Sodom.
In 1944 in the Republic of Salò, the Fascist-occupied portion of Italy, four wealthy men of power, the Duke, the Bishop, the Magistrate and the President, agree to marry each other's daughters as the first step in a debauched ritual.
They recruit four teenage boys to act as guards (dressed with uniforms of Decima Flottiglia MAS) and four young soldiers (called "studs", "cockmongers", or "f***ers"), who are chosen because of their large penises. One of the guards named Ezio says goodbye to children in the village as he is escorted away by soldiers.
A large group of teenage boys and girls are taken captive and and are put in front of the four depraved libertines as they examine the kids naked and thoroughly and pick out nine girls and nine boys selected to participate in satisfying the sick group's fetishes and cravings with 18 in total.
The nine boys selected are Sergio, Carlo Porro, Tonino, Claudio, Franco, Umberto Chessari, Lamberto Gobbi, Rino, and an unnamed male.
The nine girls selected include Giuliana, Fatimah, Graziella, Renata, Benedetta, Eva, Dorit, Atiniska, and an unnamed girl.
At the office of the libertines, the guards enter on the four daughters of the four and one forcefully and aggressively spits on the face of a daughter who responds with a hard slap to the guard. Ezio calmly tells the girls that they are forced to bring them upon their fathers and are forced to marry one of the four. They rule that when they get to the mansion their daughters must be completely naked at all times.
Circle of Manias/Girone delle Manie
On the initial day of the voyage to the palace, a male captive attempts to flee hopping a bridge and trying to escape on the rocky surfaces below but is gunned down by the studs. During the many days at the palace, the four men devise increasingly abhorrent tortures and humiliations for their own pleasure.
Female captive, Renata is forced into the palace just not long after witnessing the death of her mother. She is forced to marry Sergio before being raped by the Duke. When she hears that they killed her mother, she begs God for death.
During breakfast, the daughters enter the dining hall naked to serve food. One of the studs strips and rapes a daughter in front of the crowd, who laugh at her cries of pain. Intrigued, the President moons several of the captives before prompting the same stud to perform anal sex on him and the Duke sings 'Sul Ponte di perati' with the other depraved joining in.
During this time, several scenarios set up with Ezio falling for the female black servant and having a affair which is specifically forbidden by the four rulers and male captive Rino showing submission and sexual attraction to the duke who seems to keep him from getting tortured and favors him.
Signora Vaccari uses a mannequin to demonstrate to the young men and women how to properly masturbate a penis and one of the girls tries to escape, only to have her throat cut. Signora Vaccari continues with her story. Two victims, Sergio and Renata, are forced to marry.
The ceremony is interrupted when the Duke fondles several victims and prostitutes. The four libertines aggressively toss everyone out to watch the married couple have intercourse.
At the end, Sergio and Renata are forced to fondle each other and the men rape them to stop them from having sex with each other stating that only they can deflower them. During this, the Magistrate engages with the Duke in three-way intercourse.
Another day, the victims are forced to get naked and act like dogs. When one of the victims, Lamberto, refuses, the Magistrate whips him and tortures the President's daughter by tricking her into eating a slice of cake containing nails causing her to bleed profusely from the mouth as the depraved laugh at the hamulating acts of violent.
Circle of Shit/Girone Della Merda
Signora Maggi relates her troubled childhood and her coprophilia (satisfaction from getting defecated on or consuming feces). As she tells her story, the President notices that one of the studs has an erection and fondles him while another stud uses a female victim's hand to masturbate himself.
She also explains how she killed her mother over a dispute about her prostitution and Renata cries, remembering the murder of her own mother. The Duke, sexually excited at the sound of her cries, begins verbally abusing her. The Duke orders the guards and studs to undress her. During this, she begs God for death and the Duke punishes her by defecating on the floor and forcing her to eat his feces with a spoon.
Aroused beyond containment, The President leaves to masturbate. Later, the other victims are presented with a meal of human feces collected from everyone and is served by the fascists' daughters.
During a search for the victim with the most beautiful buttocks, Franco is picked and at first is thought to be selected for a quick execution but the Bishop smiles sadistically and mocks Franco stating death won't come that easy and that his eventual demise will be much more painful as a broken Franco is held mockingly at gun point.
Circle of Blood/Girone del Sangue
Later, there is a Black Mass-like wedding between the studs and the men of power. The men angrily order the children to laugh, but they are too grief-stricken to do so. The Pianist and Signora Vaccari tell jokes to make the victims laugh. The wedding ceremony ensues with each man of power exchanging rings with a stud. After the wedding, the Bishop consummates the marriage and receives anal sex from his stud.
The Bishop then leaves to examine the captives in their rooms, some of which are awake where they start systematically betraying each other showing desperation by any means to be able to survive the torture being inflicted on them. Claudio reveals that Graziella is hiding a photograph, Graziella reveals that Eva and Antiniska are having a secret sexual affair and reveals Ezio's secret affair causing the black servant girl to be shot dead after being found having sex.
Ezio is cornered in a room and makes a defiant Socialist salute momentarily stunning the four men of power causing them to lower their guns. They snap out of his defiant last effort of self respect and shoot him dead. A Male captive who has become one of the more willing and accepting captives, Umberto Chessari is appointed to replace Ezio.
Toward the end, the remaining victims are called out to determine which of them will be punished. The depraved stand across from the captives waiting their fates as those who are handed a blue ribbon will be met with a violent death.
Those including Graziella is spared due to her betrayal of Eva, Umberto due to his new role as a guard, and Rino is spared due to his submissive relationship with the Duke. Those who are called are given a blue ribbon and sentenced to a painful death, while those who haven't been called, as long as they kept collaborating with the libertines, can hope to return home.
The selected victims to be executed huddle together and cry and pray in the bathroom hours before the final stage in the ritual. They are then taken outside and raped, tortured and murdered through methods such as branding, hanging, scalping, burning and having their tongues and eyes cut out, as each libertine takes his turn to watch as a voyeur. Casualties include the four men's daughters who are all raped and killed by the studs, guards, and libertines, Renetta, Franco, Sergio, and more.
The men of power wear dresses and perform various acts of dancing and sexual assaults' and rape as the victims last breaths are taken via the libertines, guards, and studs. Following the courtyard massacre, the soldiers shake hands and bid each other farewell. The Pianist, looking out an open window, suddenly realizes with horror what atrocities are being committed, and climbing out, throws herself to her death with the grief being too strong for her to handle.
In the final moments, inside the palace as two guards sit together with somber music playing on the radio, one asks the other if he knows how to dance and changes the radio to a more upbeat tune and the two guards dance a simple waltz with one asking the other about the name of his girlfriend back home ending the 120 days of Sodom.
- The Fascist Four: The Fascist Four were the central evil protagonists and the main cause of the atrocities committed in the Republic in Salo during the final year of the second world war. They simply had no reason to torture any of the victims they kidnapped but only to satisfy their own sexual urges, cravings, and pervasions.
- Rino: A former male captive and later collaborator, became the Duke's favorite and showed general compassion and sexual desire for him and set himself different then the others. He was one of the only three of the original 18 to survive the events of the film.
- Ezio: Originally taken in as a guard and collaborator, Ezio was the only one to initially be apart of the depraved to feel remorse and sorrow for the victims and appeared disgusted by actions such as when the president's daughter ate a nail in her cake or when Renata was tormented. He only followed orders and didn't abuse his power like the other guards and studs. He fell in love with a black servant and was later sold out by a male captive and he and his lover were killed via gunshots. However, in his final moments, he held a socialist defiant sign to mock the men of power one last time officially resigning from the Ultimate Depravity before being gunned down by said four.
- Umberto Chessari: A male captive turned guard after Ezio's death. Due to his submissive nature and willingness to go along with the fascist four, he was allowed to take the collaborator spot and he soon became a vindictive and power hungry guard abusing his power.
- Graziella: The only female captive to survive the events of the film, during her time as a captive, she was in hell and was having nervous breakdowns. She was comforted by Eva and Dorit and eventually in the face of life or death, betrayed Eva and revealed her lesbian affair with Antiniska. Due to her betrayal, she was allowed to live as long as she became a part of the collaborators.
- Renata's Unnamed Mother - Killed by the hired Soldiers after she tried to prevent Renetta being taken.
- Unnamed Male Captive - Gunned down by the soilders/studs/guards.
- Unnamed Female Captive - Throat slit off screen.
- Unnamed Black Female Servant - Shot down by the men of power for her affair with Ezio.
- Ezio - Gunned down by the men of power for his rule breaking.
- Sergio - Branded and murdered at the end of the film.
- Carlo Porro - Eye gouged out and murdered at the end of the film.
- Tonio - Penis burned off and murdered at the end of the film.
- Claudio - Murdered at the end.
- Franco Merli - Tongue cut off and murdered at the end of film.
- Lamberto Gobbi - Murdered at the end.
- Giuliana - Raped and murdered at the end of the film.
- Faridah - Scalped and murdered at the end.
- Renata - Raped, breasts burned, and murdered at the end.
- Benedatta - Murdered at the end.
- Eva - Murdered at the end.
- Dorit - Murdered at the end,
- Antiniska - Murdered at the end of the film.
- Pianist - Committed suicide from grief of the actions of the depraved.