BOT: Just created Ed Regis' article. It's under construction. Feel free to expand it. The reason I used Gennaro's picture is because Regis have no official picture, and the cinematic Gennaro is actually Regis with a different name.
1. Here you go:
- Spino-Rex: His status as a hybrid will be more clear. His motive will be better than just a ravenous hybrid, and overall more like I-Rex than like himself. A youtuber named Clayton Fioriti made a video about the possibility there was more than one Spino-Rex, and the unhinged one we seen killing the t-rex and chasing the characters was avenging his dead mate (the one who got the airplane to the face). His superpowers will be more than bad writing, and he'll be killed on-screen. Maybe by the genius raptors, like one of the drafts wanted. If not the raptors, Tembo and Grant can kill him together.
- Amanda and Paul - Saving their son is very nice of them, but the reason he got there in the first place was their own fault. The real miracle is not surviving two months without them. it's surviving 13 years with them. Instead of getting to the island because his parents are too dumb to live, he'll be abducted by criminals who'll try to extort his parents, but got stuck in Isla Sorna. Eventually he will escape and hiding from both the remaining criminals and from predators.
- Grant - he won't be the raptor-obsessed broken man he was in the canon. His character decay was a major reason for why this movie was just good (at best) rather than awesome as the other 4. In my reboot, Grant will be just like his first movie version. Tembo can work in the JP3 reboot just fine. case of using Tembo, his motive will be saving the boy. Him and Grant might get well together. For Tembo, "Grant is a male Sarah minus the ideals taking over her brain". For Grant, "Tembo is Muldoon's second chance in life".
- Billy Brennan - Taking the raptors egg was one of the most stupid decisions in the franchise. It can make sense only if he was more devious than the movie gives him credit for. In my version, he'll do it for the main human antagonist, who'll try to create a secret police of genius raptors.
- The main human antagonist - Either the leader of the remaining criminals, a complete psychopath who killed some of his comrades for self consumption and luring the carnivores away, Dodgson (he might be one of the criminals. Not contradicting), Jeff Rossiter (Dodgson's technical boss from the original second novel. Someone on the villains fanon wiki had an interesting idea about it), a homicidal brute named Manfred Roth, or one of the scientist who worked with Doctor Wu on the creation of Spino-Rex. Whoever he'll be, he'll be Billy's secret boss. All options above are psychopaths, even in the very slim chance they'll be redeemable.
- The genius raptors - They are based on the genius green raptors from the novel. Crichton himself admitted that raptors are not that intelligent, especially if not raised. These raptors will either have a good reason to be geniuses, or being raised by the top criminal/Dodgson/Rossiter/rogue scientist the way a pack of German shepherds might be raised by a dog abuser. As said, the good people should've let the raptors kill Spino-Rex. That's what I want to do.
- The badass female character - Currently, the options are either Cynthia Wu (Doctor Wu's heroic sister) or a black female scientist. The black scientist will be a better representation of blacks than the canon JP3 had, and Cynthia will be a tragic reminder to what Wu became. Both scientists will make so many things more reasonable, namely Eric's survival.
- An actual emotional weight - For me, the real biggest problem with part 3 is that the good people had the dubious honor to create a movie with parents who tries to save their son, but without any emotional weight. If I haven't seen JP3, I could never imagine it's even physically possible.
2. I believe she's a small t-rex. Nanotyrannus isn't well-known enough to be used in popular not so accurate dinosaurs series/films. I might use it though. How do you see an encounter between "Posdonllo" characters and a Nanotyrannus?
3. Yeah :-(. Gwen Stacy was the only good thing in "The Amazing Spiderman 2". Curt Connors was great in the first TASM, like he always do. Riot is a Venom's villain. Unless Venom is an incarnation of Spiderman, I wouldn't call Riot a "Spiderman" villain.
4. Tell me more about it. It will take a while before i'll see it, so I don't mind about spoilers.
5. Listed. I can confirm I won't use smilodons in my stories. I'll use dire lions, especially a specific semi-sentient dire lioness named Calypso, instead of our fanged friends. As for your sister: Liking "Star Wars" is a good start. The big question is if your sister can make her own conclusions and how well she deal with stubborn and militant fans.