Smarty was voiced by David Lander, Greasy and Psycho were voiced by Charles Fleischer, Wheezy was voiced by the late June Foray, and Stupid was voiced by Fred Newman.
The Toon Patrol are the law enforcers of Toontown, although they behave more like vigilantes and mercenaries. Judge Doom has hired them to arrest Roger Rabbit for the murder of Marvin Acme, so that he can execute Roger Rabbit by dunking him in dip. Their vehicle is a "real" black 1937 Dodge Humpback panel truck which serves as a paddy wagon. The vehicle is fitted with official City of Los Angeles "Toon Patrol" decals on the front doors.
Like all of the other Toons in the film, The Toon Patrol are invincible to physical body harm except from a chemical blend called "The Dip". A combination of powerful solvents, The Dip dissolves the ink and paint which comprise the toons.
In the case of the weasels, it is shown that prolonged laughter is also lethal to them (though instead of dissolving them completely, they instead become ghosts); while Eddie Valiant jokes around in front of them during the climax of the film, all of them, except for their leader Smarty the Weasel die from laughing at him; Smarty meets his demise after Valiant kicks him into a vat of The Dip. His boss himself would meet this fate shortly afterwards.
Members Of The Toon Patrol
- Smarty - Doom's second-in-command. He dresses in a light pink jacket and fedora and uses a revolver as a weapon. He speaks with a tough-guy city accent, and uses frequent malapropisms.
- Greasy - Smarty's subordinate. He wears a green zoot suit and speaks with a Mexican accent. He uses a revolver and a dagger as weapons.
- Psycho - Wears a white straightjacket and uses a straight-razor as a weapon.
- Wheezy - Always seen smoking multiple cigarettes and breathing secondhand. He uses a tommy-gun as a weapon. He is the only weasel to have grayish-blue fur instead of brown.
- Stupid - Presumably the group's muscleman. He wears a red beanie which signifies his dimwitted personality, and uses a baseball bat with a nail as a weapon.
- The Weasels' names are parodies of the Seven Dwarfs from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- In a scene that was deleted from the movie, the Weasels take a captured Eddie into "downtown Toontown" on the Judge's orders. They use "Toon" paint to create a giant pig's head to cover Eddie's real head before releasing him.
- Originally, there was going to be seven weasels rather than five, possibly as a nod to the Seven Dwarfs. The other weasels were named Slimy and Flasher. Slimy was a navy blue weasel who had a Greasers attire and carried a blackjack as his weapon, and he got his name from the green slime that he had puked. Flasher was a brown weasel who wore a green cap and a dirty trench coat but did not seem to carry a visible weapon. Although these two were drawn, no voice work for them was done so they got scrapped.
- Their names were never mentioned in the film.
Other Animated Movies
Shorts, TV Shows, Comics and Video Games