This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
Trespasser, also known as Axehead, is minor antagonist in 2013 Science-Fiction film titled Pacific Rim and graphic novel Pacific Rim: Tales from Year Zero, as well as playable DLC character in Pacific Rim: The Video Game.
Chronologically this is the first Kaiju who managed to pass through the Breach from Anteverse to Earth, and first to directly attack human race, destroying series of cities on its way while killing thousands of people, before ultimately dying from nuclear weapon.
Trespasser has been created in another dimension called Anteverse by highly advanced race of sapient aliens known as Precursors in order to completely wipe out human race on Earth so aliens can take over the planet for themselves. Passing through interdimensional portal named the Beach at the bottom of Mariana Trench, Trespasser made its way towards North America.
Attack on humanity
Trespasser has made a landfall in San Francisco at 10 August 2013, causing Magnitude 7.1 Earthquake and ripping Golden Gate bridge in two, sinking hundreds of civilians trapped on it. Conventional weapon has proved completely used against the beast, who proceeded to lay waste in San Francisco, Oakland, Hayward and San Joe for the next 6 days.
Not seeing any other solution, United States of America decided to resort to a use of nuclear weaponry before colossal monster can destroy more cities. Trespasser ultimately met its demise when three tactical nuclear missiles were launched at it. The consequence of Kaiju's death was permanent rendering of a city uninhabitable, as well as overall catastrophic damage to its remains. However, this did not stop the military from removing monster's skull from its corpse before putting it at the public museum.
According to its stats from Pacific Rim: The Video Game, Trespasser measures approximately 300 feet tall and weighs 2780 metric tons. Normally, it moves on two hind legs but can run on all fours in games. Possesses two sets of muscular arms with three-digited hands with sickle-shaped claws. Its torso has spiky chest and a single dorsal fin on its back. Head heavily resembles an axe (hence the nickname "Axehead"), possesses no cheeks or lips, uncovering its razor-sharp teeth pointed forwardly. The inside of its jaws emits a bioluminescent-orange glow, unlike typical bioluminescent-blue commonly observed among many other Kaiju. Tail is proportionally short and does not touch the ground while standing, while monster's feet bear similarity towards carnivore dinosaurs, having three-digited clawed toes. Although it's not clearly seen in the film, concept arts and comics present Trespasser with smooth gray-greenish skin with orange veins all over its body.
Not unlike other Kaiju in the series, Trespasser doesn't show much of any sort of personality. It displays an extreme aggression and hostility towards human race, being seemingly instinctively drawn to major cities where it can cause most damage. While it seems mostly ignorant to military's assault, Trespasser often occasionally destroys jets that fly too close to it.
Powers and Abilities
- Kaiju Physiology: As a Kaiju, colossal bio-engineered extra-dimensional creature, Trespasser is extremely powerful creature, armed with the arsenal of supernatural powers and attributes, such as:
- Immense strength: Although rather average for a Kaiju, Trespasser possesses a colossal amount of physical strength thanks to its size; for example, it was able to rip apart Golden Gate bridge like spider's webbing simply passing through it, as well as effortlessly devastate large skyscrapers and knock jets out the air without even being aware of it.
- Immense durability: Being specifically created to eradicate humanity, thick skin covering Trespasser's body grants him near-impenetrable hide; for example, according to film's novelization, it took three tactical nuclear weapons to kill it, resulting a devastation of Oakland and its bay. Otherwise, it is completely unaffected by high-caliber ammo, tanks, missiles and many others.
- Toxic blood: Blood running in Trespasser's veins is phosphorescent in nature and extremely deadly to the environment and human beings, rendering areas touched by it uninhabitable and releasing toxic vapor all over the city. Direct contact with a drop of Trespasser's blood also makes human body go into shock, as stated in novelization.
- Expert swimmer: Trespasser has been designed to survive both on land and depths of Mariana Trench. Pummeling its massive body into move thanks to its massive limbs, Trespasser can travel through an entire ocean to the city within a span of few hours.
- Sharp claws: Trespasser's palms end up with long razor-sharp sickle-like claws, allowing him to easily tear through man-made structures.
- Self-Substenance: Despite its immense size, Trespasser does not need to eat, drink, sleep or even breathe. This makes him immune to any type of poison.
- Fireball split: Trespasser demonstrated a power to split powerful fireballs, although only in video games. Its orange veins all over the body begin to emit an intense light for a few seconds, before unleashing a single large fireball. Even well-armored Jaegers and other Kaiju are knocked off their feet from the sheer kinetic force of this attack.
- Trespasser's alternate name is Axehead.
- The day of Trespasser's attack has later become a global festival called "K-DAY".