|“||I am a person who does not ask for things twice, Commander Atty.||„|
|~ Second Sister to Commander Atty.|
|“||I've carried so much hate for you.||„|
|~ Trilla to Cere Junda.|
Trilla Suduri, also known as the Second Sister, is the main antagonist of the 2019 video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and a minor character in the 2017-2018 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith comic book series.
She is a female Inquisitor that was active during the early stages of the Galactic Empire's reign under Darth Vader's tutelage, and is later assigned with hunting down Cal Kestis, a fugitive Jedi Padawan who survived Order 66 at the beginning of the Jedi Purge, however, she is in addition tasked with hunting down any fugitive or surviving Jedi Knights or Padawans.
In Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, she was voiced by Elizabeth Grullon in her first villainous role.
Trilla Suduri was chosen by Cere Junda as a Jedi Padawan during the Clone Wars. She and her master escaped Order 66 but were hunted by the Sith. As a Jedi Padawan, Trilla Suduri narrowly escaped execution with her master when Order 66 inflicted the Great Jedi Purge on the galaxy. Unfortunately, Suduri was captured by the Empire and subjected to excruciating torture that turned her into a dark side loyalist. She felt betrayed by Junda which led to her fall to the dark side and became an Inquisitor trained under Darth Vader.
Known for her keen intellect and analytical mind, Suduri's capable use of mental and physical force combined with her seeming loyalty made her an ideal candidate for the Inquisitorius. She was later present at the Inquisitorious Headquarters after successfully completing another mission, and was undertaken by the other Inquisitors and Darth Vader to kill Jedi Master Eeth Koth. After Eeth Koth's death, two of her comrade Inquisitors are killed by Darth Vader for treason.
She was tasked with hunting down Cal Kestis, and with the help of her Purge Troopers, she located the Padawan and proceeded to fight him. She chased him with the Ninth Sister too. During her final battle in the Fortress Inquisitorius, she is defeated by Cal Kestis. When her former master, Cere Junda, attempts to amend with her, Darth Vader appears and prepare to kill Trilla because she failed to kill them. Her last words were for Cere and Cal : "Avenge us." before Vader kills her. Cal and Cere succeed barely to escape Vader and flee with their lives. It was not until shortly before her death, when she finally saw the light and made amends with her former master, that she turned away from the dark side. For that crime, Darth Vader executed her personally.
Trillia Suduri was a tall, slender female Human who had light brown skin, blue-green eyes, and sleek black hair.
As a Padawan, she wore typical brown Jedi robes. As an Inquisitor, she wore a grey and black armored uniform complete with a helmet and cape with an Imperial crest in white on the shoulder portions.
During her time as a Padawan, Trilla Suduri was kind and compassionate, as she cared for her master and the younglings under their protection. However, after her master's betrayal and her torture at the hands of the Galactic Empire, Trilla's personality became twisted. As the Second Sister, she was cruel and ambitious, relishing in hunting down all Force-sensitive survivors for the Galactic Empire. She was an exceptionally cunning and intelligent individual. She was able to forecast into the future, as would a Jedi or Sith, but she also used her painful past as fuel for her vengeance. Her sociopathic tendencies allowed her to patiently manipulate almost any adversary into revealing their weakness and fears.
While she was known to sadistically toy with her opponents, an extension of her manipulative abilities, she was also quite arrogant, bragging to Kestis that there was no technique Cere Junda had at her disposal that she hadn't perfected. She was relentless in her pursuit of Cal Kestis and the Holocron containing the identities and whereabouts of remaining younglings. However, despite her intimidating posture, she showed an immense fear of Darth Vader, and was seen visibly shaking when he appeared behind her, she repents and tells Cal and Cere Junda to avenge her and all their Jedi brothers and sisters just before her execution at his hand.
- An Unidentified female insurgent
|“||We seek a dangerous fugitive. This is no common anarchist but a devotee of the treasonous Jedi Order. […] Turn yourself in or everyone present shall face summary execution.||„|
|~ The Second Sister, to the scrappers|
|“||Cal Kestis. How predictable. Oh yes, I know your name… Your past… And most importantly… about Cordova.||„|
|~ The Second Sister, to Cal Kestis|
|“||She was weak. Cracked in an Imperial torture chair. Surrendered the location of her naïve Padawan. They would never have found me… if it wasn't for her. She betrayed me.||„|
|~ The Second Sister, to Cal Kestis, on Cere Junda|
|“||There is no technique Cere has that I haven't perfected.||„|
|~ The Second Sister|
|“||You're a monster.
I am what Cere made me.
|~ Cal Kestis and the Second Sister|
|~ Trilla Suduri's last words|
- The Second Sister shares many similarities with Kylo Ren from the Star Wars sequel trilogy: they were both Jedi Padawans who fell to the dark side and adopted a new name after the "betrayal" of their Jedi Masters (Cere Junda and Luke Skywalker), who blamed themselves for their descent into darkness and tried to shut themselves off the Force until another Padawan (Cal Kestis and Rey) convinced them to move on and fight against their fallen apprentices. The difference, of course, is that while the Second Sister redeemed herself in her final moments when Cere apologized for abandoning her and asked for her forgiveness. Kylo Ren redeemed himself after his mother Leia's death and being visited by a memory vision of his father Han Solo. Rey forgives Kylo Ren when he revived her and becomes Ben Solo again but he soon dies after their kiss. He presumably also forgave Luke when he becomes one with the Force.
- Another similarity, yet a minor one, is that Trilla Suduri's helmet has a slight resemblance to that of Ben Solo's upon becoming the Master of the Knights of Ren.
- Trilla Suduri joining up with the Empire after being kidnapped and tortured is a classic case of Stockholm Syndrome, which means that the victim of a kidnapping develops an psychological alliance with the kidnapper.
- The Second Sister was introduced at the Star Wars Celebration at McCormick Place in Chicago.
- Some fans believed the Second Sister to be Barriss Offee, a fallen Jedi Knight from the Star Wars prequel trilogy whose fate following the end of the Clone Wars is currently unknown (at least in the new canon). Considering that Barriss was taken into custody by the Republic before Order 66 was issued and she no longer considered herself a Jedi, it's plausible that she may have been recruited by the Galactic Empire to hunt down her former allies, as the Inquisitorius are stated to have been former Jedi.
- MakingStarWars.net's Jason Ward furthermore fueled speculation by stating that Barriss would be appearing in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order as a Sister. However, the game's release revealed the Second Sister's identity to be Trilla Suduri, which means that Ward was wrong with his sources or tried to mislead the fans.
- So far, the Second Sister is the only human member of the Inquisitorius. All other members have been depicted as aliens.