|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||I have powers beyond reason here!||„|
|~ Ursa after demonstrating her heat vision on Earth.|
Ursa is one of Zod's two followers, and a villain from the Superman series, appearing in the first two Superman films. She is a Kryptonian criminal, is Zod's second in command, and, with the exception of him and his other co conspirator, Non, hates all men, and is described as even going after the children. She is the secondary antagonist of Superman II.
She was portrayed by Sarah Douglas.
In Superman, Ursa was convicted of her crimes along with Zod and Non, and all three were imprisoned in the Phantom Zone, supposedly for eternity and drifting into space. Shortly after, Krypton was destroyed, leaving Ursa, Zod, Non, and Superman as its only survivors. In Superman II, when Superman threw a hydrogen bomb into space, its explosion reached the Phantom Zone and destroyed it, setting all three criminals free. They traveled to Earth, stopping at the moon first, and discovering that they had super powers exactly the same as Superman. After reaching Earth, they began using their powers for evil, terrorizing cities, until Zod took over the president's office and the president informed them that Superman would stop them.
One time, out of curiosity, while out in the forest with Non and General Zod, she picks up a rattlesnake, which bites her; therefore, she throws it off and uses her eye rays to burn it.
Superman fought them, and they were able to damage each other, as individually they were equally powerful, but altogether the Zod gang was too powerful for Superman, and he was forced to retreat to the Fortress of Solitude. Lex Luthor led them to the fortress, having discovered it himself, and seemingly turned on Zod to join forces with Superman, but when Superman told him about the device to take away a Kryptonian's power, Luthor told Zod, who made Superman enter. However, Superman switched it around so it would take away the power of those outside rather than inside; namely Zod, Ursa, and Non. After Superman dispatched Zod and Non fell to his death trying to fly, Lois called Ursa a "pain in the neck" and punched her in the face, causing her to fall into another crevice, into an icy abyss to her doom.
To be added
- Ursa appeared in the Superman (1988 Animated series) episode "The Hunter," voiced by Ginny McSwain.
- In the Smallville season 10 episode "Dominion", a character that may have been Ursa appears as one of General Zod's minions in the Phantom Zone.
- Ursa appeared in the 2019 animated series DC Super Hero Girls, voiced by Tara Strong.
- Ursa appears in DC Universe Online voiced by Adrienne Mishler.
- Ursa appears in Injustice: Gods Among Us and Injustice 2.
- Rohan McCullough, Sylvia Kristel, Dana Gillespie, Carinthia West and Marilù Tolo were all considered for the role of Ursa before Sarah Douglas was cast. Caroline Munro was offered the role of Ursa, but turned it down to play Naomi in The Spy Who Loved Me.
- According to Sarah Douglas, in Japan, her scene of Ursa killing the astronaut by kicking him in his groin was cut, due to their sensitivity of a woman being so dominant.
- Sarah Douglas was the only cast member to do extensive around-the-world press tours in support of the film, and was one of the few actresses who held a neutral point of view in the Donner-Lester controversy.
- In a made for television cut of Superman II there is a brief shot of Zod, Ursa, and Non being led out of the Fortress of Solitude by law enforcement.
- In the Richard Donner cut of Superman II following the showdown at the Fortress of Solitude Superman turned back time to undo the damage the Kryptonian criminals had caused. Ursa, Non, and General Zod were re-imprisoned in the Phantom Zone which continued journey through space.