Greetings, everybody! My name is Erebus Chronus, but, please, just refer to me as Darkness. I am an editor on this wiki - the Villains Wiki (or Community), and I take a committed type of methodology when I must complete any required tasks on this community.
Darkness is the main overarching and overall main antagonist of a fan-made story called the Story of Darkness. He is the Dark Emperor of the sinister Dark Forces, a government composed of smaller, lesser governments, although most were militarily powerful, such as the Galactic Empire, the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and Covenant Empire.
Before the formation of the Grand Republic of Manyland, its predecessor, the Great Empire of Manyland, Erebus secretly manipulated both parties involved throughout the Empire's collapse in a cosmic war between the Great Empire and the Universal Alliance of Oppressed Planets, and single-handedly brought about its destruction, allowing for the Dark Forces to arise from the remains and form in secret under the veil of the Dark Dimension and Lord Erebus, who generated a wave of dark energy that would render the all-seeing eye of the God of Knowledge sightless to their actions.
Powers and Abilities
As a primordial deity, Erebus possesses a wide variety of powers and abilities that he may unleash as he desires on whomever he wishes.
- Primordial Deity Physiology
- Absolute Immortality - Erebus is unable to die, age, become sick, or suffer permanent injuries. All pain afflicted upon him will be instantaneously be healed. With this power, Erebus has returned from death multiple times in the past, and his return is ineluctable unless he is destroyed by an Omnipotent being. In addition, Erebus is immune to all forms of mental and spiritual injuries, as well as physical and emotional.
- Primordial Force Manipulation -
- Nigh Omnipotence - Erebus wields almost supreme power, and is virtually impossible to defeat, even some of the most powerful superheroes and supervillains are unable to defeat him in combat. His power is only transcended by the Creator of the Omniverse himself, besides him, Erebus transcends all others, although he can be defeated by another near Omnipotent being.
- Nigh Invulnerability - Erebus is also invulnerable to all forms of damage, be it physical, emotional, spiritual, mental, or conceptual. However, he is not invulnerable to light-based abilities, yet most light-based abilities can hardly faze him or seriously injure him.
- Nigh-Complete Arsenal
- All Fire-Based Abilities
- All Water-Based Abilities
- All Electric-Based Abilities - Erebus can wield all electric-based powers with ease, and is immune to the same element. He can manipulate electricity far more proficiently than Thor Odinson, the God of Thunder, using it to utterly destroy an entire planet in some instances.
- Ultimate Telekinesis
My Favorite Villains
Video Game Villains
- Dormammu (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- Loki Laufeyson (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- Emperor Palpatine - Of course the Emperor would be one of my favorite villains of all time, he manipulated everyone from the sidelines as the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. He orchestrated both the Invasion of Naboo as the planet's Senator and the Clone Wars with the help of his apprentice Darth Tyranus/Dooku, Jango Fett and General Grievous, even Darth Maul and the Mandalorians helped him, the Mandalorians not realizing that the Separatists and Dooku worked for Sidious. Every single one of them played their part in the plot to overthrow the Jedi Order and reorganize the Republic into the Galactic Empire while Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker was turned to the Dark Side of the Force as the Sith Lord Darth Vader. Sidious managed to cloud the vision of the Jedi, including Master Yoda, using the ancient Sith shrine located underneath the Jedi Temple, where the Dark side would continuously seep out and keep Yoda and the others from finding out that the Republic's head of state was actually the Dark Lord of the Sith.
- General Grievous - Let me get something straight: General Grievous is one of the coolest and most awesome villains in Star Wars, his ability to best a Jedi Master in combat, either through the aid of MagnaGuards or a secret blaster, would be very difficult to do because Jedi are much more experienced in using a lightsaber than the cyborg general when he learned how to wield a lightsaber from Count Dooku.
Least Favorite Villains
- Kylo Ren - Most of the time, Kylo Ren/Ben Solo acts similarly to that of the way a 4-year-old may act: a big baby. After learning that BB-8 escaped aboard the stolen YT-1300 Corellian freighter the Millenium Falcon, Kylo went into a fit of rage and destroyed a console with his lightsaber in front of a First Order officer. That earns him the title of No. 1 Least Favorite Villains on my list.
- William Afton (Five Nights at Freddy's)
- Dolores Umbridge
- Riff Tamson
Villain types I hate
- Egotist - The villains who are categorized as "egotist" are the absolute worst. They have so little interest in anything besides themselves, taking in pride in their powers, abilities, and how they're better than others. Egotists are insufferable in my book, after dealing with MANY egotists in my past, seeing how self-centered they are, the worst villains (not based upon how evil, wicked, cruel, or vile they are) of all.
- Arrogant - The arrogance of villains has led to the downfall of many of them, including Darth Sidious when he was blindly arrogant to believe that Darth Vader wasn't capable of being converted from the Dark Side of the Force back to the Light Side.
- Hypocrites - OK, honestly, hypocritical villains are just annoying with how they say that other people are doing something wrong and have done something they don't like, yet the villain does the exact same thing that they don't necessarily like.
Favorite Villain Themes
- I am Octavio - Splatoon
- Bowser! - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
- Maul - Star Wars Rebels
- Duel of the Fates - Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Favorite Evil Organizations
Quotes by Darkness
|“||Your immodesty shall be remunerated, Darkseid. Perhaps you require a lesson in manners?||„|
|~ Erebus to Darkseid|
- Before he was given the name that he has, Darkness was originally supposed to be called "Dark Sam", and originally was never supposed to be the Primordial God of Darkness or even just the God of Darkness.