|“||Everyone knew that, to Vamprah, 'Matoran' was another word for 'victim'||„|
|~ Narrator, Bionicle: Shadows in the sky|
|“||Vamprah wears the Mask of Hunger... He doesn't need to come near you to destroy you!||„|
|~ Gavla regarding Vamprah's Kanohi Avsa, Mask of Hunger|
Vamprah is the major antagonist in the BIONICLE series. He is also a Makuta and a high ranking member of the Brotherhood of Makuta and one of the members of the Makuta Strike Force who was tasked of invading Karda Nui in the preparation of overthrowing the Great Spirit Mata Nui.
He also served as one of the main antagonists in the Karda Nui arc.
Vamprah and the other Makuta were created by Mata Nui with the use of the substance known as the Antidermis on the Southern Island of the Matoran Universe. He later became a member of the Brotherhood of Makuta as their task was to serve the will of Mata Nui as well as maintaining order on the universe.
When the League of Six Kingdoms started to overthrow the Great Spirit, Vamprah joined the army of the Brotherhood as he, Antroz, Gorast and Bitil were attacking the Barraki's fortress and successfully defeated the warlords.
The Brotherhood Corruption
Later when Makuta Teridax demanded a Convocation to reveal the plan of overthrowing the Great Spirit, Vamprah remained silent at first but eventually sided with him.
Vamprah and the other Makuta later discovered that they have evolved beyond the need of the physical body, turning the organs and tissue into a gaseous substance.
During the Toa Hagah's rebellion, Vamprah and the other members were ordered to prevent the Toa Hagah from stealing the Kanohi Avohkii, though he was defeated by Bomonga and Pouks alongside with the other members.
Invasion in Karda Nui
Vamprah later showed up as he and the other Makuta were informed by Gorast who discovered the entrance of Karda Nui. Vamprah along with Antroz, Chirox, Krika, Gorast and Bitil were ordered to invade Karda Nui to transform all the Av-Matoran into the Shadow Matoran in order to control
Vamprah was an extremely terrifying, sinister and deadly Makuta. He was an expert of being a hunter as he enjoyed stalking his enemies as opposed to direct combat, often toying with them both mentally and emotionally, letting them escape temporarily before killing them after the long hunt. He was also sadistic as he enjoys draining the morals out of his victims with his Avsa, leaving them distressed and vulnerable.
He also dislike speaking as it was meant to hinder his hunt as the other Makuta found him being uneasy especially Chirox and instead communicating with them through telepathy. However, he can be heard hissing and snarling, though he yells when he was struck by Pohatu.
Powers & Abilities
- Shadow Element-Like all Makuta, Vamprah wields the Element of Shadow.
- Kraata powers-Not only could Vamprah produce Kraata, but he could also wield the 42 powers of them just like the majority of Makuta.
- Kanohi Avsa-The Kanohi Avsa, also known as the Mask of Hunger gave Vamprah the ability to drain energy from his opponents, weakening them. The Mask of Hunger also can drain moral light from Matoran (Thus transforming them into Shadow Matoran). This use of the Kanohi implies that Vamprah does not need the Shadow Leeches to drain light from beings to corrupt and turn them evil.
- Tridax Pod-Vamprah can release a Tridax Pod containing Shadow Leeches from his chest which could be used to drain moral light from beings to turn them evil.
- His name was derived from the word vampire and his appearance was based on the vampire bat.
- Vamprah's set form pieces were 49 all together and his set number was 8692.
- Vamprah's screech and roar were modified of the Xenomorphs' roar from the Aliens series.
- The way that Vamprah disguised himself as the scare-Rahi before ambushing Tanma and Gavla was similar to the opening scene in Jeepers Creeper 2 as the Creeper, the main antagonist of the movie disguised himself as one of the scarecrows in Jack's farm before attacking Jack's son Billy Taggart.
- He was known to walk on four since he was one of the Makuta who lacked of feet, the second was Krika.