|“||Everyone knew that, to Vamprah, 'Matoran' was another word for 'victim'||„|
|~ Narrator, Bionicle: Shadows in the sky|
|“||Vamprah wears the Mask of Hunger...he doesn' t need to come near you to destroy you.||„|
|~ Gavla regarding Vamprah' s Kanohi Avsa, Mask of Hunger|
Vamprah and the other Makuta were created by Mata Nui with the use of the substance known as the Antidermis on the Southern Island of the Matoran Universe. He later became a member of the Brotherhood of Makuta as their task was to serve the will of Mata Nui as well as maintaining order on the universe.
When the League of Six Kingdoms started to overthrow the Great Spirit, Vamprah joined the army of the Brotherhood as he, Antroz, Gorast and Bitil were attacking the Barraki's fortress and successfully defeated the warlords.
Following the Matoran Civil War on Metru Nui, Vamprah was assigned by Miserix; the leader of the Brotherhood to watch over Odina.
The Brotherhood Corruption
Later when Makuta Teridax demanded a Convocation to reveal the plan of overthrowing Mata Nui, Vamprah eventually sided with him.
Vamprah and the other Makuta later discovered that they have evolved beyond the need of the physical body, turning the organs and tissue into a gaseous substance.
During the Toa Hagah's rebellion, Vamprah and the other members were ordered to prevent the Toa Hagah from stealing the Kanohi Avohkii, though he was defeated by Bomonga and Pouks alongside with the other members.
Invasion in Karda Nui
Vamprah later showed up as he and the other Makuta were informed by Gorast who discovered the entrance of Karda Nui. Vamprah along with Antroz, Chirox, Krika, Gorast and Bitil were ordered to invade Karda Nui to transform all the Av-Matoran into the Shadow Matoran in order to control
Vamprah was an extremely terrifying and deadly Makuta. He was an expert of being a hunter as he enjoyed stalking his enemies as opposed to direct combat, even toying with them both mentally and emotionally, letting them escape temporarily before taking them down after the long hunt. He was also sadistic as he enjoys draining the morals out of his victims with his Avsa, leaving them helpless and vulnerable.
He also dislike speaking as well, as it was meant to hinder his hunt and instead communicating with the other Makuta through telepathy.
Powers & Abilities
- Shadow Element-Like all Makuta, Vamprah wields the Element of Shadow.
- Kraata powers-Not only could Vamprah produce Kraata, but he could also wield the 42 powers of them just like the majority of Makuta.
- Kanohi Avsa-The Kanohi Avsa, also known as the Mask of Hunger gave Vamprah the ability to drain energy from his opponents, weakening them. The Mask of Hunger also can drain moral light from Matoran (Thus transforming them into Shadow Matoran). This use of the Kanohi implies that Vamprah does not need the Shadow Leeches to drain light from beings to corrupt and turn them evil.
- Tridax Pod-Vamprah can release a Tridax Pod containing Shadow Leeches from his chest which could be used to drain moral light from beings to turn them evil.
- His name was derived from the word vampire and his appearance was based on the vampire bat. His personality was also derived from the predator theme.
- Vamprah's screech and hissing was taken from the Xenomorphs from the Aliens series.
- The scene where Vamprah disguised himself as the scare-Rahi before ambushing Tanma and Gavla was parodised of the scene from the Jeepers Creeper 2 where the Creeper, the main antagonist of the movie disguised as one of the scarecrows in Jack's farm before attacking Jack's son Billy Taggart in the first scene of the second movie.