|“||I have come too far to be denied! The Omnitrix shall be mine, and there is not a being in the galaxy that dare stand in my way!||„|
|~ Vilgax first quote in the series.|
|“||I am Vilgax, Conqueror of Worlds!||„|
Vilgax is the overall main antagonist of the Ben 10 franchise.
He is Ben Tennyson's arch-nemesis and a Chimera Sui Generis conqueror that has conquered many planets and wishes to claim the Omnitrix for himself and conquer the entire universe. He is a past enemy of Max Tennyson and, later, would become the enemy of Ben Tennyson, once he finds out that Ben wields the Omnitrix.
In the original series and Ben 10: Omniverse, he was voiced by Steven Blum, who also played Starscream, The Green Goblin, Reptile, Zs'Skayr, Ares, Lucifer, Makucha, Orochimaru, Zabuza Momochi, Killer Croc, Lord Darcia III, Amon, BlackWarGreymon and Megidramon. In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, he was voiced by James Remar, who also played Butch Pooch in Django Unchained, Albert Ganz in 48 Hrs, Beauty Smith in White Fang and Quill in The Phantom. In the 2016 reboot of Ben 10, he is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal (who also plays 16-year old Ben Tennyson).
In the original series, he served as the main antagonist of Season 1, the secondary antagonist of Season 2, a supporting antagonist in Season 3 (as a futuristic version of himself), the main antagonist of the film, Ben 10: Secrets of the Omnitrix and the non-canon Season 4 finale, Goodbye and Good Riddance.
In Ben 10: Alien Force, he serves as the main antagonist of Season 3. In Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, he serves as the secondary, later true main antagonist of Season 3. In Ben 10: Omniverse, he serves as a supporting antagonist in Arc 3, the main antagonist of the Arc 4 finale, And Then There Was Ben, and a supporting antagonist in Arc 8, serving as the secondary antagonist of the series finale, A New Dawn.
He serves as the main antagonist of the Ben 10 Reboot series.
Extremely cruel, arrogant, authoritative, and power-hungry, Vilgax is always intent on his goal of ruling the universe, namely through obtaining the Omnitrix, which he views as the ultimate weapon. Vilgax is also very deceiving and manipulative, so as to accomplish his goals and has little to no sense of mercy. He can be considered as a foil to Ben Tennyson, as while Ben Tennyson is rather comedic and is usually looking out for others, Vilgax is always portrayed a serious character and only looks out for himself, with the exception of his own race.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Abilities: Without his cybernetic augmentation, Vilgan natural physiology has high amounts of superhuman strength and durability.
- Metamorphosis: Vilgan can also transform into a monstrous octopus-like form when in water, which he refers to as his true form. However, when he used this form, he lost his arsenal.
- Cybernetic Enhancements: After being enhanced, Vilgax has not only become much bigger, his strength, speed, and durability are even more increased.
- In Alien Force, Vilgax possesses the powers and abilities of all the champions he defeated in battle. His abilities include superhuman strength, nigh-invulnerability, high-speed flight, laser vision, superhuman hearing, and breathable to generate cyclonic winds.
- Strength Boosters: His arms also have steroidal boosters, letting him increase his strength whenever necessary, though they cause him pain when used.
- Alien Technologies: Vilgax also uses a number of weapons, consisting of the Ruby Ray of Ulo, which can fire powerful laser beams, the Shield of Ziegel, which generates powerful forcefields to protect him and can also function as a taser, a sword that projects energy beams and can cover its blade in fire or crystals to reflect energy blasts, as well as slash through a spaceship, a laser gun, and gauntlets that generate photo kinetic energy.
- The Ascalon: With the Escalon sword, Vilgan's could channel the fundamental forces of the universe. He could fire off shock waves, and his original and absorbed powers were amplified greatly. He could even cover himself in a mystical armor.
- Eldritch Powers: As the Herald of Diagon, he has even more power, proving able to dispatch a group of Forever Knights. Vilgax can also fire energy blasts from his hands and eyes and teleport between dimensions at will.
- Diagon's Powers: After absorbing Diagon's demonic powers, he also gained all of his demonic abilities. He could transform into Diagon, command his cult and even command eldritch magic & fire eldritch blasts.
- Genetic Enhancements: After being resurrected by Dr. Animo in Ben 10,000, Vilgax was even stronger and had a number of enhancements, including a whippy tentacle and bio-grenades in his right arm, and an instinctual knowledge of all of Ben 10,000's moves.
- Vilgax's defeat at the hands of Way Big in Alien Force is similar to his defeat in Secret of the Omnitrix, which has been confirmed to be an intentional touch.
- Vilgax has a number of similarities in design and goals to Cthulhu.
- Vilgax also resembles the Gorath from Megas XLR.
- In the original Ben 10 series, Vilgax's homeworld was given as the Null Void Frontier or the Shadowy Realm before it was confirmed as Vilgaxia (formerly known as Murray) in Alien Force.
- The producers of the show refer to Vilgax as "Darth Vader without a sense of humor".
- According to the Ben 10 pop-up marathon, Vilgax will not meet his final demise until 200 years after the original Ben 10 series.
- Derrick had intended for Vilgax to look like his original self, but Matt Youngberg thought Vilgax's Alien Force/Ultimate Alien appearance had more personality.
|Ben 10 Villains|