This Villain was Headlined on March, 2012.
This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Wiki's Pure Evil Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||I am Vilgax, Conqueror of Worlds!||„|
|~ Vilgax's most famous quote.|
|“||I have come too far to be denied! The Omnitrix shall be mine, and there is not a being in the galaxy that dare stand in my way!||„|
|~ Vilgax's first line in the series.|
|“||When I have the Omnitrix, I shall enjoy tearing you apart, Tennyson!||„|
|~ Vilgax vowing to kill Max.|
Vilgax is the main antagonist of the Ben 10 franchise.
He is a tyrannical alien overlord, a Chimera Sui Generis galactic conqueror, the supreme ruler of his planet Vilgaxia and the archenemy of Ben Tennyson, whom he desires to destroy. He has both conquered and destroyed many planets, where he intends to claim and use the Omnitrix to take over the entire universe and rule it with an iron fist. As well as being the most feared and hated being in the universe, he is a past enemy of Ben's grandfather, Max Tennyson and the Plumbers.
In the original series and Ben 10: Omniverse, he was voiced by Steve Blum, who also portrayed Starscream, The Green Goblin, Reptile, Zs'Skayr, Ares, Lucifer, Smytus, Makucha, Orochimaru, Zabuza Momochi, Killer Croc, Inferno, Lord Darcia III, Amon, BlackWarGreymon and Megidramon. In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, he was voiced by James Remar, who also portrayed Ajax in The Warriors, Butch Pooch in Django Unchained, Albert Ganz in 48 Hrs, Beauty Smith in White Fang and Quill in The Phantom. In the 2016 reboot of Ben 10, he is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, who also portrayed Albedo.
- 1 Roles
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Appearances
- 5.1 Ben 10 (2005)
- 5.2 Ben 10: Alien Force
- 5.3 Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
- 5.4 Ben 10: Omniverse
- 5.5 Ben 10 (2016)
- 5.6 Films
- 5.7 Video Games
- 5.8 Comics
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See Also
- 9 Navigation
In the original series, he appears as its overall main antagonist, serving as the main antagonist of Season 1, the film Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix and the non-canon Season 4 finale Goodbye and Good Riddance, the main antagonist of season 2 and a supporting antagonist in Season 3 (as a futuristic version of himself).
In Ben 10: Alien Force, he serves as the main antagonist of Season 3.
In Ben 10: Omniverse, he appears as one of its major antagonists, serving as a supporting antagonist in Arc 3, the main antagonist of the Arc 4 finale, And Then There Was Ben, and a supporting antagonist in Arc 8, serving as the secondary antagonist of the series finale, A New Dawn.
In the 2016 reboot series, he serves as the overall main antagonist, being the main antagonist of Season 1 and the movie Ben 10 Versus the Universe: The Movie, and the secondary antagonist of Season 2.
Vilgax is a humanoid creature with a face resembling that of an octopus. He has tentacles dangling in the front of his face, like a beard. His skin is pale-green with yellowish spots on his face and tentacles. He doesn't have a nose and a visible ear. He has red eyes.
In the original series he wore a black and red-brownish armored suit and gloves. His armor is spiked at the shoulder and arm pads. He has green sacs on the sides of his head. His mouth was attached to the sacs by a respirator.
As of Secrets, he had become much more burly than before. He now had a mask covering his mouth, attached to the armor, and new shoulder and leg pads. He also had metallic gloves with small fingers as well as reddish brown cylinders-like objects piercing his arms, giving him much stronger and more muscular limbs. His tentacles are now much longer. He has 6 tentacles in front and 2 behind.
In Ben 10: Alien Force/Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, he no longer has red-brownish armor, mask, and green cheek sacs. He wears a red and blue armor. He has a belt which is attached to the Raygun pocket. He wears dark blue stockings with metallic squares. He has a Ruby Ray of Ulo on his right hand, a Shield of Seagle on his left arm. He now has just 5 tentacles, all on the front of his face, and his eyes were larger. He also has a metallic part replacing the green sac on his head.
In his true form, he more closely resembles an octopus, having the shape of one with many tentacles. He has 3 spikes on his head. He has gills on his cheeks.
In Omniverse, he looks almost identical to his original design. He no longer has the Ruby Ray of Ulo and Shield of Ziegel. He regained his original green cheek sacs. He has dirty teeth. Two of his face tentacles now end with a spiky-looking-shape. His armor is similar to his original series, with the exception being the cylinders on his arm and armour now being gold in colour. He wears black clothes underneath his armour and black stockings. His gloves are fingerless. He wears a headpiece similar to his shoulder pads.
|“||[Vilgax grabs a plasma blade to remove Gwen's Omnitrix on her arm]
Gwen Tennyson: Um, can't you just slip the watch off of me?
Vilgax: And what FUN would that be? [laughs]
|~ Gwen and Vilgax in the alternate reality of Gwen 10.|
Extremely cruel, arrogant, authoritative, and power-hungry, Vilgax is always intent on his goal of ruling the universe, namely through obtaining the Omnitrix, which he views as the ultimate weapon. Vilgax is also very deceiving and manipulative, so as to accomplish his goals and has little to no sense of mercy. Because of his greater skill-set, Vilgax became prideful of his capabilities and would occasionally point out to his enemies that underestimating him is a grave mistake. Because of his powers, his ruthlessness and his hunger for absolute conquest, Vilgax became arguably the most feared being in the entire universe. As a result, almost no sentient beings are willing to work for him sans Psyphon and certain mercenaries like Sixsix, the latter for the right price, so his forces consist almost entirely of robots programmed to obey him or people who were forced into serving him.
|“||Vilgax: You have the Ultimatrix, the sword of Azmuth, and the power of Dagon at your fingertips.
Ben: Yeah. So?
Vilgax: You claim to be a hero. What will you do with all this power?
Ben: Turn everybody on Earth back to human for starters.
Vilgax: You think too small. We are alike, you and I. We take the universe in our hands and mold it to our will. You say you want peace and justice. Use your power. With little more than a thought, you can wipe out all evil.
Ben: I really could...
|~ Vilgax almost successfully tempts Ben into a powerhungry state after their last battle in Ultimate Alien.|
Initially, Max Tennyson was a foil to Vilgax, who was at first the only person who had ever defeated him. However, after he began his quest for the Omnitrix, Max's grandson Ben became his ultimate foil, making the two sworn archenemies for years to come. Also, while Ben is rather comedic and is usually looking out for others, Vilgax is always portrayed a serious character and only looks out for himself, with the exception of his own race. Even then, judging by his actions later during the franchise, he cares more about the glory than truly being dedicated. If this is true than his attempts to protect his race is purely for personal gain. This proves to be true in Omniverse, where he briefly destroys most of the universes without even sparing his planet.
Throughout his entire pursuit for absolute power, Vilgax was not willing to let anyone or anything stand in his way, and would get revenge on anyone who defeated him before. Because of this, he has developed a rather pathological hatred towards Ben Tennyson, and his quest for the Omnitrix slowly became his secondary goal as his desire for Ben's defeat and death became even greater.
Also, because of his constant defeats by Ben's hand, Vilgax's reputation as the most dangerous being became fractured as Ben was now seen as the only one who could stop him, thus cementing Vilgax's obsession to kill him and restore that legacy.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Abilities: Without his cybernetic augmentation, Vilgax's natural physiology has high amounts of superhuman strength and durability. With them, he can defeat most of Ben's stronger aliens.
- Metamorphosis: Vilgax can also transform into a monstrous octopus-like form when in water, which he refers to as his true form. However, when he used this form, he lost his arsenal.
- Cybernetic Enhancements: After being enhanced, Vilgax has not only become much bigger, his strength, speed, and durability are even more increased.
- In Alien Force, Vilgax possesses the powers and abilities of all the champions he defeated in battle. His abilities include superhuman strength, nigh-invulnerability, high-speed flight, laser vision, superhuman hearing, and breathable to generate cyclonic winds.
- Strength Boosters: His arms also have steroidal boosters, letting him increase his strength whenever necessary, though they cause him pain when used.
- Alien Technologies: Vilgax also uses a number of weapons, consisting of the Ruby Ray of Ulo, which can fire powerful laser beams, the Shield of Ziegel, which generates powerful forcefields to protect him and can also function as a taser, a sword that projects energy beams and can cover its blade in fire or crystals to reflect energy blasts, as well as slash through a spaceship, a laser gun, and gauntlets that generate photo kinetic energy.
- Shapeshifting Arms
- Laser Eyes
- The Ascalon: With the Escalon sword, Vilgax's could channel the fundamental forces of the universe. He could fire off shock waves, and his original and absorbed powers were amplified greatly. He could even cover himself in a mystical armor.
- Eldritch Powers: As the Herald of Dagon, he has even more power, proving able to dispatch a group of Forever Knights. Vilgax can also fire energy blasts from his hands and eyes and teleport between dimensions at will.
- Dagon's Powers: After absorbing Dagon's demonic powers, he also gained all of his demonic abilities. He could transform into Dagon, command his cult and even command eldritch magic & fire eldritch blasts.
- Genetic Enhancements: After being resurrected by Dr. Animo in Ben 10,000, Vilgax was even stronger and had a number of enhancements, including a whippy tentacle and bio-grenades in his right arm, and an instinctual knowledge of all of Ben 10,000's moves.
|Appearances of Vilgax|
Ben 10 (2005)
Ben 10: Alien Force
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
Ben 10: Omniverse
Ben 10 (2016)
Ben 10: Omniverse
- Vilgax's defeat at the hands of Way Big in Alien Force is similar to his defeat in Secret of the Omnitrix, which has been confirmed to be an intentional touch.
- Vilgax has a number of similarities in design and goals to Cthulhu.
- Vilgax also resembles the Gorath from Megas XLR.
- In the original Ben 10 series, Vilgax's homeworld was given as the Null Void Frontier or the Shadowy Realm before it was confirmed as Vilgaxia (formerly known as Murray) in Alien Force.
- The producers of the show refer to Vilgax as "Darth Vader without a sense of humor".
- According to the Ben 10 pop-up marathon, Vilgax will not meet his final demise until 200 years after the original Ben 10 series.
- Derrick had intended for Vilgax to look like his original self, but Matt Youngberg thought Vilgax's Alien Force/Ultimate Alien appearance had more personality.
Sym-Bionic Titan Villains
Cow and Chicken
I Am Weasel
Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
The Life & Times of Juniper Lee
My Gym Partner's a Monkey
The Mr. Men Show
We Bare Bears
New Looney Tunes
Apple & Onion
Summer Camp Island