|“||How am I supposed to get back at you if nothing I do matters?! I hate you!||„|
|~ Wallflower expressing her hatred towards Sunset, revealing her true intentions to Sunset's friends.|
Wallflower Blush is the main antagonist of the My Little Pony: Equestria Girls hour-long special Forgotten Friendship. She is a student at Canterlot High School and a founder of its gardening club.
Wallflower Blush was typically ignored and forgotten by the rest of the students and was jealous at Sunset for being known after making amends with everyone. After discovering the Memory Stone hid deep in the forest, she used it to remove the good memories of Sunset Shimmer from everyone (including Sunset's friends) so they would turned back on her by reminding her as a bully she was before her redemption. After Sunset found out about this, Wallflower ended up getting defeated by Humane Seven and later redeemed after realizing her foolish selfish mistake.
She was voiced by Shannon Chan-Kent.
Wallflower Blush first appears in Forgotten Friendship when Sunset Shimmer accidentally bumps into her at the end of We've Come So Far. While Sunset believes that it is the first time they have met, Wallflower tells her they met in ninth-grade English class and that she has been on the school's Yearbook Committee all year, much to Sunset's embarrassment. When Sunset and her friends leave the room with Trixie, Wallflower is left behind in the dark after Sunset turns out the lights because she forgot she was there.
During Sunset and Trixie's investigation of Sunset's friends' memories being mysteriously erased, they discover Wallflower Blush to be the culprit. It is revealed through Sunset's geode powers that Wallflower had gone unnoticed by her schoolmates for years and that she accidently found the Memory Stone that Clover the Clever buried long ago in human's world. Resentful toward Sunset for being so popular despite how she treated everyone during freshman year, Wallflower used the Stone to erase everyone's good memories of Sunset, causing them to view her as the bully that she once was.
Before Sunset and Trixie can seize the Memory Stone from Wallflower, she uses it to erase their memories of the past several hours and locks them in the room. Sunset catches up with Wallflower later, and during their confrontation, Wallflower reveals what she did in front of Sunset's friends and expresses her outright hatred toward Sunset, accidentally fully showing Sunset's friends that she was right the whole time, seeing that Wallflower made them act like total bullies to Sunset. Ignoring Sunset's pleas, Wallflower decides to use the Stone to erase all of the Humane 6's high school memories, but Sunset jumps in the way and sacrifices her own. When Sunset loses all her memories of human world as the Humane 6 watched in horror seeing their terrible mistake as they realized that Sunset truly was their friend and how they treated her was all for nothing. Sunset starts she acting like a pony again, back to before she became evil, leaving her not knowing what's going on, scared and confused to which Wallflower realizes what she just did, and started to feel guilty and regretful for what she foolishly did to Sunset. Then the Humane 6 comfort her and confront Wallflower and pony up to destroy the memory stone once and for all. After the Stone is destroyed and Sunset and her friends' memories are restored, the others aplogize to Sunset for being such selfish bullies to her when their memories were erased even though Sunset doesn't blame em and is just happy to have them back. Wallflower also apologizes to Sunset for what she has done to her and makes amends with Sunset, as she also apologized her for ignoring her even though she never did anything to hurt her on purpose.
Some time later, Wallflower gets some new members for her Gardening Club, and she is named "Best Gardener" in the school yearbook with a special yearbook delivered to her by Sunset with signatures of her new friends.
Wallflower Blush is a quiet and introverted girl who is typically ignored and quickly forgotten by the rest of the student body, instilling her with a feeling of complete invisibility. She is initially resentful toward Sunset Shimmer for both being so popular and constantly ignoring her presence, even though everyone else ignored her, she was mostly jealous at Sunset for being the most recognizable after her redemption. Because of this, she decided to use the Memory Stone to remove the good memories of Sunset Shimmer just to make her suffer while having the beliefs if she can't have any friend, then no one can. She also prejudice towards her due to her past, but her demeanor slowly changes from bitter to remorseful during the climax of Forgotten Friendship. Wallflower also has a passion for gardening, which led to her founding the school's Gardening Club. Due to having no friends, she developed a harsh expression of cynicism and a negative philosophy about friendship.
|“||I've been trying to get your attention for, like, half the song.||„|
|~ Wallflower's first notable quote.|
|“||Why should you notice me? After all, you're Sunset Shimmer. Everybody loves you now. *sighs* Why can't they see you haven't changed?||„|
|~ Wallflower ranted on Sunset for her past behavior.|
|“||I'm so ashamed. When I first found the Memory Stone, I only erased little things – awkward hellos, saying the wrong thing, literally any public speaking...||„|
|~ Wallflower expressing her remorse after her defeat.|
|“||I'd rather be invisible or forgotten than remembered as a villain.||„|
|~ Wallflower accepting her current fate.|
- Wallflower Blush is the second character who gets jealous of Sunset Shimmer due to her reputation after Cutie Mark Crusaders from Equestria Girls, although it might've been non-canon.
- As said by Sunset that she's just like her, Wallflower acts as a foil to Sunset. Both became an outcats due to their respective pasts, such as Wallflower was forgotten by the rest of the student body while Sunset was expelled from Celestia's school before she jumped into the Crystal Mirror and lived in human world as a result, mutilating their hearts and desired a vengeance towards those they deemed responsible. Wallflower seeking revenge on Sunset for having many friends than hers (despite that neither of their revenges are real, Sunset's just hurting Twilight and Wallflower was hurting Sunset for nothing because they never done anything to hurt each other before) while Sunset seeks revenge on Twilight Sparkle for being chosen as the Princess of Friendship, even if it means stealing her Elements of Magic crown for her selfish deeds. However, while Sunset overcome her desire for vengeance during her redemption and accepting Twilight's offer of friendship, Wallflower allowed her hatred to consumed her, as she still stubbbornly refused to returned Sunset's friends' good memories of her and never listening to her please until she awared that she has gone too far, leading to her redemption as a result.
- Wallflower also serves as a lesson for Sunset in the film, Because if Sunset was still being mean to others instead of believing in friendship and realize the error of her ways before the events of the Equestria Girls movie, then she would've ended up being like Wallflower.
- Wallflower shares a lot of character traits with Starlight Glimmer from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Both are turned bitter due to being left out by someone else and didn't have any confident to make new friends.
- Wallflower is being forgotten and unnoticed by CHS students for years and doesn't have confidence of making new friends.
- Starlight lost her childhood friend Sunburst after received his cutie mark and feared of making new friends due to her insecurities.
- Both became jealous of others and became delusional over her beliefs.
- Wallflower was jealous of Sunset for having many friends than her and believed that she was still a bully she once was, although she was already redeemed.
- Starlight was jealous of others' talents and thought that cutie marks are easily drove ponies apart.
- Due to their respective pasts and jealousy, both are using their abilities to remove something from everyone else, forcing them to do something else.
- Wallflower using the Memory Stone to remove everyone's good memories of Sunset Shimmer, forcing everyone to returned hating her and seeing her as a bully that she was once.
- Starlight used a spell to remove everypony's cutie marks, forcing everypony to become "Equalists" by replacing it with equal signs that suppressed their talents.
- Both tried to destroy the protagonists' friendship.
- Wallflower removed Equestria Girls' good memories of Sunset in order to destroy her friendship with them.
- Starlight get revenge on Twilight by travel back in time to destroy the Mane Six's friendship so everything in Equestria will be destroyed.
- Both are covering their true nature by pretending to be friendly towards the protagonists before it was revealed during the climax.
- Both tried to keep something they have stolen before the protagonists does.
- Wallflower prevent Sunset from retrieving her Memory Stone from backpack and implied to keep the good memories of Sunset from being released from it.
- Starlight keeping the jars of Mane Six's cutie marks she stolen from Mane Six and Our Town citizens.
- Both escaped after being exposed.
- After she removed Sunset and Trixie's memories, Wallflower escaped from school before Sunset catch up to her.
- After she was defeated, Starlight was forced to leave and eventually returned to seek revenge on Twilight on season 5 finale.
- Both denied the protagonists' attempt to stop for what they were doing and tried to explain what they did was wrong.
- During their confrontation, Sunset tried to reason with her but Wallflower refused to listen and lashes out at her for her past actions.
- When Twilight brought Starlight what the future could become if her consequences led to this, she refused to believed it and angrily explained her backstory to her.
- Both are exposed for the frauds they were when they were confronted by protagonists.
- Wallflower furiously expressing her hatred towards her in front of Sunset's friends, causing them to realized that Sunset truly was their friend and how they treated her was all for nothing.
- Fluttershy revealed Starlight's cutie marks in front of Our Town citizens, causing them to turn back on her and retrieve their cutie marks.
- Both attempt to take one last step before it was intervened.
- Wallflower attempt to erase all of Sunset's friends' memories of high school, but Sunset sacrifices her own memories to protect them before regained her friends back.
- Starlight attempt to rip off the time travel scroll so Twilight can't go back in time, but Twilight convinces her to turned over the new leaf and give friendship another chance.
- Finally, both became remorseful over their actions and realized the error of their ways, with being redeemed by the protagonists and was given another chance as a result.
- After Wallflower was defeated and the good memories of Sunset were returned, she finally admitted her foolish mistakes and apologizes to Sunset for her actions. She then make amends with her.
- Starlight allowed the Sonic Rainboom to take place before the original timeline was restored back to normal. In order to teach her about friendship, Twilight appointed Starlight as her student.
- Both are turned bitter due to being left out by someone else and didn't have any confident to make new friends.
- Wallflower is also an opposite to Trixie. Trixie represents the bond between Sunset and Humane Six, but Wallflower represents the breaking of Sunset and Humane Six's bond over a revenge that doesn't exist.