Wallflower Blush is the main antagonist of the My Little Pony: Equestria Girls hour-long special Forgotten Friendship.
She was voiced by Shannon Chan-Kent.
Depiction in Equestria Girls
Wallflower Blush first appears in Forgotten Friendship when Sunset Shimmer accidentally bumps into her at the end of We've Come So Far. While Sunset believes it's the first time they've met, Wallflower tells her they met in ninth-grade English class and that she has been on the school's Yearbook Committee all year, much to Sunset's embarrassment. When Sunset and her friends leave the room with Trixie, Wallflower is left behind in the dark after Sunset turns out the lights.
During Sunset and Trixie's investigation of Sunset's friends' memories being mysteriously erased, they discover Wallflower Blush to be the culprit. It is revealed through Sunset's geode powers that Wallflower had gone unnoticed by her schoolmates for years and that she accidently found the Memory Stone that Clover the Clever buried long ago in human's world. Resentful toward Sunset for being so popular despite how she treated everyone during freshman year, Wallflower used the Stone to erase everyone's good memories of Sunset, causing them to view her as the bully that she once was.
Before Sunset and Trixie can seize the Memory Stone from Wallflower, she uses it to erase their memories of the past several hours and locks them in the room. Sunset catches up with Wallflower later, and during their confrontation, Wallflower reveals what she did in front of Sunset's friends and expresses her outright hatred toward Sunset. Ignoring Sunset's pleas, Wallflower decides to use the Stone to erase all of the girls' high school memories, but Sunset jumps in the way and sacrifices her own. When Sunset loses all her memories of human world and starts acting like a pony, Wallflower realizes what she just did but too late. After the Stone is destroyed and Sunset and her friends' memories are restored, Wallflower apologizes Sunset what she has done to her and makes amends with Sunset.
Some time later, Wallflower gets some new members for her Gardening Club, and she is named "Best Gardener" in the school yearbook.
Wallflower Blush is a quiet and introverted girl who is typically ignored and quickly forgotten by the rest of the student body, instilling her with a feeling of complete invisibility. She is initially resentful toward Sunset Shimmer for both being so popular and constantly ignoring her presence, but her demeanor slowly changes from bitter to remorseful during the climax of Forgotten Friendship. Wallflower also has a passion for gardening, which led to her founding the school's Gardening Club. Wallflower is also incredibly childish and always complaining that she don't have friends and never tolerate it. Due to having no friends, she develop a harsh expression of cynicism and a negative philosophy about friendship.
- Wallflower Blush is the second character who gets jealous of Sunset Shimmer due to her reputation after Cutie Mark Crusaders from Equestria Girls.
- As said by Sunset that she's just like her, Wallflower acts as a foil to Sunset. Both of them appeared to be an outcast and didn't even get befriended to everyone. However, Sunset managed to make more friends, while Wallflower had no friends due to being invisible for many years. Coincidentally, Wallflower's nihilistic behavior was very similar to Sunset's disgraceful behavior in the first Equestria Girls film, specifically her abusive and selfish behavior. Also by coincidence, both characters also ended up reformed themselves during the climax (Sunset appeared to be a greedy and prideful rival to Twilight until she was defeated by Twilight and her friends in the first film; likewise, Wallflower appeared to be a nihilistic and vengeful towards Sunset until she finally make amends with her). Wallflower is a example what Sunset will become if she will be afraid to lose her friends.
- Wallflower also serve as lesson for Sunset in the film, Because if Sunset didn't believe in friendship, then she would've ended up being like Wallflower.
- Wallflower shares a lot of character traits with Juniper Montage from My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Movie Magic and My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Mirror Magic. They both seemed to be friendly at first but were eventually revealed to be greedy attention-seekers in the end. This is mainly because of a sense of feeling rejected or unloved, which were clearly seen in both My Little Pony villains.
- Oddly enough, their remorse are causing them to apologize to Twilight and her friends. However, while Juniper was convinced by Starlight, Wallflower was defeated by Sunset and her friends.
- However, Juniper had sympathetic traits as she genuinely cared for Twilight and her friends and did want what was best for them; Starlight even managed to negate Juniper to forget about being popular, knowing that Juniper will believe in friendship and never become a movie star. Wallflower, on the other hand, lacks any sympathy due to her beliefs that friendship is an illusion and seeing Sunset as nothing but a trash that she deserved to be forgotten.