|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||Blood runs... they all run.||„|
|~ Warwick's quote when selected.|
Warwick, also known as The Uncaged Wrath of Zaun, is a villainous playable character on the multiplayer online battle arena game League of Legends.
Originally a retired Zaunite gangster who wanted to escape from the sins of his past, Warwick was captured and experimented on by the cruel scientist Singed. Warwick died from the agony of the experiments, but his death was the catalyst to complete his transformation into a wolf-human chimera and brought him back to life. In his new life, Warwick now hunts the streets of Zaun for criminals.
He was released on February 21st, 2009, being in the game since its debut, and received a full visual rework on January 25, 2017. He is often played in the jungle.
While previously voiced by Brian Sommer, his current voice actor is unknown.
|“||Warwick is a monster who hunts the gray alleys of Zaun. Transformed by agonizing experiments, his body is fused with an intricate system of chambers and pumps, machinery filling his veins with alchemical rage. Bursting out of the shadows, he preys upon those criminals who terrorize the city's depths. Warwick is drawn to blood, and driven mad by its Blood Hunt scent. None who spill it can escape him.||„|
|~ The official description of Warwick.|
Warwick was a former gangster of Zaun who abandoned his life of crime. One day, he was knocked unconscious and kidnapped by Singed, who planned to use him as a test subject for his transmutation formula. He told Warwick that he wanted to unleash his true nature, a deadly beast within a "good man".
Warwick spent hours in agony while feeling every cut from Singed's scalpel, due to his belief that pain was the catalyst to the transformation, but the test subject also had machinery to heal him by pumping chemicals in his veins. Warwick's hand was cut off and replaced by a large clawed hand, which Singed believed to show his true potential. Finally, a chemical chamber was attached to his back and nervous system, and the chemicals would unleash his feral instincts whenever he had strong emotions.
Warwick eventually died from the pain, and Singed had to dispose of his body to his own disappointment. However, death turned out to be the catalyst to fully completing the transformation, bringing him back to life as a savage chimera dominated by primal instincts. He destroyed Singed's lab and began to hunt people in the streets. Recently, he had stopped killing indiscriminately when he saw the criminals of Zaun, which reminded him of his own past, and now hunts down criminals. Meanwhile, Singed had realized that his experiment with Warwick was a success, and wishes to retrieve the chimera he created in order to perfect his creations.
In game, Warwick is a diver-type champion, a mobile fighter that singles out high-priority targets. Warwick's passive, Eternal Hunger, lets his attacks deal bonus magic damage, and also heals him when he reaches low health. Warwick can also use Jaws Of The Beast to lunge and bite his targets, dealing damage based on their maximum health for lifesteal, and can also use Blood Hunt to detect a trail based on the scent of damaged enemies. He can also use Primal Howl to reduce damage to himself before howling to fear enemies. Warwick's ultimate, Infinite Duress, has him leap forward for a long distance, and if he hits an enemy champion he suppresses them and deals massive amounts of damage with his claws.
|“||I became the monster I always was!||„|
While not much is known about Warwick's past life, it can be assumed that despite his role as a gangster, Warwick still cared about the well-being of others and sought different ways to better himself, with Singed even describing him as a "good man". After Singed's experiments, however, little remained of the old Warwick or his memories, as he was replaced with a bloodthirsty, monstrous creature of pure wrath.
Warwick is a creature in constant pain and wants desperately to remember his past life, but alas his chemical mutations prevent him from seeking this out. He remains a proud Zaunite, and holds a special hatred for the wealthy Chem-Barons and Zaunites who abandon their city for Piltover. Warwick sees everyone around him as weak and pitiful, though hilariously enough, sees Yordles as "alpha predators", growing distracted by them like a dog would be by a squirrel. As a monster, the only thing Warwick knows now is violence, and although he mostly seeks out criminals and murderers, he knows that nothing will satisfy his bloodlust.
- Throughout League of Legends history, Warwick's lore changed many times before becoming reworked into the Uncaged Wrath of Zaun.
- In his first lore, he was a mercenary who turned into his wolf form by drinking a serum to combat an army, becoming an even more skilled mercenary than before.
- In his second lore, Warwick was an alchemist who was known as "The Deathmaker" by the Ionians. Soraka sacrificed her divinity to transform him into his wolf form to punish him for his war crimes.
- His third incarnation was an infamous apothecary and the master of Singed, who was characterized as being Warwick's apprentice at the time. His infamy caused Soraka to transform him into his wolf form, causing Singed to look on in shock and wonder.
- His fourth incarnation was an experimenter and human trafficker who was best friends with Singed, whose transformation was influenced by a magic potion. In order to complete his transformation, he required Soraka's heart as one of the potion's components. He was intolerant of failure and refused to listen to Singed's warnings that the incomplete potion was unstable. After becoming a mutated beast, he spent his life trying to hunt down Soraka to get her heart.
- He was heavily inspired by a werewolf.
- Even though Soraka is no longer involved in Warwick's lore since his rework, his taunt quote towards her is "Eat your heart out", referencing her being involved in his old lore.
- His joke animation involves him acting like a dog. One of his quotes, "I'll do a trick for a Warwick snack!" is a reference to Scooby-Doo and his love of Scooby Snacks.