|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||Drones aren't brave; they're just incapable of feeling fear.||„|
Yanme'e are insectoid creatures that travel in swarms; however sometimes they travel in small groups in Halo: Reach and Halo 3: ODST. Yanme'e are also better known as Drones and Buggers. They are a race of sentient, flight-capable insectoids who are members of the Covenant and their mastery of antigravity-assisted flight has given them almost insurmountable strategic advantage in combat.
The Yanme'e are known as Drones and Buggers for their appearance and capabilities. They are carnivorous, flight-capable insectoid aliens from the planet Palamok, having the intelligence for the Forerunners to classify them as a Tier-4 civilization. Their sheer number, flying capabilities, and technology made them a formidable species, enough for the Covenant to take an interest in them after coming across their planet by chance. After making allies with them, the Yanme'e became Covenant soldiers, infantry, and mechanics, and they became strong enemies with the UNSC, enough to be known as Buggers among their soldiers. They are murderous insectoids who have killed numerous people while serving the Covenant, eventually helping them wage war against humanity when the Prophet Hierarchs declared war.
The Yanme'e Leaders, one of the high military ranks of the Drones, utilize energy shields, making them harder to kill since they are a frequently moving target. They always hang around in swarms, and large swarms of Yanme'e can be very deadly, as experienced by humans and Covenant alike, such as when the Yanme'e killed many Covenant soldiers in their first encounter. Due to their small size, they always use small-armed weapons such as the Covenant's Plasma Rifle and Plasma Pistol, and rarely anything else. Additionally, plasma weapons burn through the energy shields of Spartans, making them even more dangerous in swarms. However, plasma weapons can also be used against them to equal effect, though heavy ammunition weapons such as HMGs seem to be very efficient at exterminating large swarms of Drones quickly.
The regular Yanme'e, which are the Yanme'e Minors, come in three different colors. The green Drones are the most common, and also the weakest. Blue Drones are supposedly stronger than green ones, and the silver Drones appear to be the most resistant to damage. Yanme'e Leaders are either red or gold; the red Yanme'e are the Yanme'e that wear energy shields that make them the hardest to kill out of all of them. Leaders are commonly equipped with Plasma Rifles.
- Queen: Dominant leader of Drones
- Leader: Leaders of other Drones
- Ultra: Officers
- Major: Commanders of Minor Drones
- Minor: Lowest of the Drones
List of Appearences
- Cairo Station: When the player goes down with the elevator, a swarm of Drones will spawn in along with other enemies.
- Outskirts: At the beginning part of the level, a swarm of Drones will spawn in.
- Delta Halo: Near the waterfall where a Jackal Sniper is, a swarm of Drones will arrive and fight the player along with the other Covenant forces.
- Regret: In one of the temples, a swarm of Drones will fight the player.
- Gravemind: Throughout the mission, Drones will appear.
- Uprising: In the cave where the Brutes and Jackals are, a swarm of Drones will appear.
- High Charity: Drones will appear in the mission within High Charity.
- The Great Journey: In the place where the Phantom and Jackals are, a swarm of Drones will come through the door the player is mean't to go through.
- Crow's Nest: Drones appears throughout the missions and are seen escaping when the Covenant forces are evacuating.
- Tsavo Highway: At the first Covenant Shield, Drones go through the shield to attack the player.
- The Storm: Drones spawn in within the base.
- The Covenant: In the fina, tower's lower area, Drones appear.
Halo 3: ODST
- Data Hive
- Tip of the Spear: Drones will come out of the last Covenant Anti-Air Gun.
- Pillar of Autumn: Drones along with Skirmishers will be in the caves near where the Scarab was destroyed.