|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mature contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Their country has been mysteriously annihilated. That poor idiot Tyuule has no idea and still begs me for mercy.||„|
|~ Zorzal El Caesar|
Zorzal El Caesar is a major antagonist in Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There. He is the the idiotic and incompetent crown prince of "The Empire", a major power in a parallel universe with a Roman-like society and technology level, where magic and mythical creatures exist.
His goal is to win the war against the JSDF and Japan, despite being severely outmatched due to the inferior level of technology of the Empire compared to the JSDF cope with his inability to gasp the concept "Know Your Enemy" in warfare since he refuses to learn and adapt advanced technology and modern tactic from the JSDF to develop effective plan against them.
In the anime, he was voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi in the Japanese version and by Kregg Dailey in the English version.
Prince Zorzal showcases the typical attributes of a tyrannical leader with delusions of grandeur, displaying cruel and oppressive tendencies driven by an arrogant, selfish, violent and narcissistic personality. He is incapable of any sense of true honor, but at the same time hypocritically accuses his adversaries, especially the Japanese, of not being honorable in battle. Friendship, love and altruism are foreign concepts to him, believing that other people exist only to obey, honor and please him, without the need to give something in return, making him unable to be nice or sympathetic for anyone.
In all three media, Zorzal is described as tall and muscular, with a "bodybuilder-like" physique. Itami states that he is even taller than Kurokawa, so he is assumed to be over 6'3" (over 190,5 cm) in height.
Manga: Zorzal has short blonde hair in his manga appearance, which lays relatively flat. His outfit consists of heavy armor made of bronze, including a muscle cuirass (breastplate), pauldrons, tassets (groin-guards), and a long red cape. He looks like a typical Roman officer of the Imperial Period.
Anime: The anime version of Zorzal has short blonde hair, similarly to the manga version, though his hair does not lie flat but has a rather spiky appearance, as well as a rat tail. Zorzal wears plate armor, but instead of gold plated, the armor is painted burgundy with yellow highlights and a white cape. He also wears a circlet.
Light Novel: In the light novel, Zorzal retains his great height, though he has shoulder-length straight white hair rather than spiky blonde hair with a rat tail. He is not shown wearing armor and opts for black and blue clothing with a white cape.
The Empire creates or finds (its not immediately clear) a gate between dimensions, and send and army into the Ginza district of Tokyo. An off-duty Japanese Self Defense Force officer, Youji Itami shows previously unknown leadership skills, taking command of the police, who hole up in the Imperial palace and hold off the Imperial army with handguns, submachine guns, and riot shields until the JSDF arrives and easily crushes the Imperial army, before launching a counteroffensive through the Gate, killing over one hundred thousand Imperial soldiers with machine guns, tanks, and Cobra gunships.
Zorzal is first featured in chapter 30 of the manga, abusing and raping Tyuule, the former queen of a race similar in appearance to kememomimi, humans with animal ears. Zorzal conquered Tyuule's people three years previously, and Tyuule offered herself into his service if he would save the lives of her people. Zorzal, however, unbeknownst to Tyuule, Zorzal ordered her people massacred and took her into sexual slavery, along with several other women from captured nations.
Zorzal later makes a second appearance when Japan sends a peace and disaster relief envoy to the empire after an earthquake, escorted by Youji Itami and his unit, the Third Recon Team. Zorzal arrives in the emperor's throne room, leading several of his sex slaves in chains and collars around their necks. One of them, he states is a Japanese civilian named Noriko, who was kidnapped and taken back across the gate in the first hours of the invasion, before the Empire was decisively defeated. Youji is infuriated, and punches Zorzal in the face. Zorzal orders his guards to kill Youji and his men, but they prove no match for the firepower of their assault rifles. Several of the guards are killed by gunfire or bayonets, before the rest flee in terror. Youji then order a particularly bloodthirsty member of his squad, a female soldier named Shino Kuribayashi, to torture information about any other Japanese prisoners in the Empire out of Zorzal.
Shino does this with extreme enthusiasm, brutally beating Zorzal and breaking his fingers. Zorzal reveals that the captives were taken and sold as slaves. Youji then rescues the captives and leaves the palace. When the Japanese authorities find out about the captives, they send a warning to the empire to evacuate the Imperial senate. The JSDF then send two F-4 Phantoms to bomb the imperial senate as a demonstration of their power.
It is later revealed that Tyuule knows that Zorzal ordered her race wiped out, and is plotting to get her revenge. Tyuule intends to kill the Japanese civilian rescued from slavery, and frame the Empire for her death, in order to provoke the Japanese into destroying the Empire in retaliation.
Zorzal is seen in a triumphal procession, in which the Empire takes credit for slaying a flame dragon actually killed by Youji Itami and his Special Region allies. Emperor Molt drinks poison wine and is rendered deathly ill seconds later. It is strongly implied Zorzal's former slave, Tyuule is behind the poisoning. While his father is bedridden, Zorzal takes up position of the de-facto ruler of the Empire, and immediately uses the forces under his command to stage a full-blown coup. Among his first actions is the blockade the Akusho slum neighborhood, which was home to a small JSDF base for intelligence gathering and humanitarian aid purpose.
After declaring war with the JSDF and the Loyalists, his forces are destroyed by the superior firepower from the JSDF and the support of multiple powerful factions that against him in the Empire. He was ultimately killed by Tyuule with the stab in the neck.
After his death, all the historians of the Empire began to brand him as the most evil and mad tyrant in the entire history of the Empire. His name being cursed to Hell by everyone, even his own generals and supporters.
Eventually after all this, he remained, in the Special Region, in the history of the Empire and in the histories of all the other nations of the Falmart continent as the most evil, sadistic and mad "monster-man" who ever lived in the history of the Empire or even in the entire history of the Falmart continent.
He, in the modern world of the Earth dimension, in Japan more, in the documents and files related to the war between Japan and the Empire, being classified as a war criminal, responsible for the deaths of several imperial and Japanese citizens and for the deaths of several JSDF soldiers and members, through the suicidal war he continued and which eventually led to his own death.
Powers and Abilities
- Limited swordsmanship: Zorzal is a prince, so he was trained from an early age so that he could skillfully use a sword in battle. However, he failed to defend himself from Itami and Shino since he barely stands after Itami punches him and unable to counterattack Shino's strike showing that his sword skills are quite mediocre.
- Brute strength: Although he did not show any remarkable hand to hand combat skills or fists fight skills, he did show quite impressive physical strength. In manga, he managed to make Furuta faint just by hitting him on the shoulder in jest (in a friendly manner) and he also is seen being able to drag several of his slaves with him, without any problems, by using only one hand. He managed, in anime, to choke a golden goblet with his bare hand and he is seen being able to easily push Tomita in his full gear (armor), out of his way with only one hand and a very simple push. Also, at the end of the light novel we see him able to easily break Tyuule's neck, although he was stabbed with a knife by her.
- Horse riding: He is featured in both anime and manga, traveling long distances riding alongside his bodyguards. Also in the anime he is shown that when he invaded the warrior bunny tribes, he used a horse when he was leading his armies on the battlefield. Through these facts, it is most accepted that he was also trained in military horseback riding, so that he could use riding in combat.
- Inhuman sexual appetite: As the owner of an entire harem of sex slaves, it takes a substantial effort to please his more basic needs.
- Royal authority: As one of the sons and the first born son of the emperor Molt Sol Augustus, Zorzal held unlimited authority within the Empire, surpassed only by his father, as such he could do and say anything he pleased as long as it did not anger his father, with such grand power Zorzal developed a God Complex and believed himself completely free from any and all mortal law or morality.
- Manipulation: Moreover, due to his position as a member of the Empire's royalty and nobility, he easily managed, after his father's poisoning, to launch a coup that helped him to manipulate all the generals and senators who were against Japan (and also almost the entire imperial army that remained after the massive losses they suffered) to support him in the war against Japan and to listen only to him.
- Vast wealth: Being the first born son of the emperor Molt Sol Augustus, he has access to all the economic resources (in terms of gold or precious treasures) of the Empire, which he can use as he pleases and to satisfy all his desires and needs.
- Limited military strategic knowledge: Although almost all of his ideas are just fanciful ideas, he had, on rare occasions, managed to develop fairly well-thought tactics and schemes against JSDF, which have managed to cause quite significant damage to the JSDF forces and their allied forces, although they were eventually stopped or destroyed by the JSDF advanced technology. For example, by using the members of the Haryo tribe as spies, saboteurs and assassins, he was able to find out enough details about their next movements in the war and was also able to conduct more effective ambushes that caused significant damages to JSDF forces and which even led to the deaths of several JSDF members.
- Limited ancient boxing skills: During Zorzal's attempt to defend himself against Shino, in anime, it is shown that he was able to execute a very correctly front punch, although it was immediately dodged. Through this ancient close combat movement that was performed correctly by Zorzal, his good physical condition and his massive and bulked body, it is confirmed that Zorzal was also subjected to the ancient boxing training when he was young, by the fact that this type of ancient combat movements, could not be executed by an ordinary antic civilian. However, a modern soldier expert in modern martial arts, who is using Hard Knuckle Tactical Gloves and with complete basic training like Shino, can easily outmatch Zorzal in hand-to-hand combat, showing that, despite this skill of him, his ancient hand-to-hand combat skills are quite mediocre compared to that of a modern soldier ( modern first class sergeant and expert in all kind in martial arts).
- Despite being named after Julies Caesar, Zorzal Caesar doesn't have any qualities for an intelligent, charismatic and realistic leader like Julies Caesar. He is most likely based on the real-life Roman Emperor Caligula due to his delusion of power, vanity as well as insanity.